Watchtower Loses an Appeal

by TerryWalstrom 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's moments like this that make it really hard to not ask, "are they crazy, or just plain stupid???"

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Great wording, as it aligns with Romans 13:1, which Watchtower claims to abide by.

There was litigation going on which sought to determine how and if US Constitution and other Federal laws right to church privacy applies to this Court Order which will result in disclosure of protected information to some extent. There are US laws that protect information from being disclosed, wt just can't ignore those laws either. Besides that, suppose those persons affected by the Court order sued wt for disclosing their information without their authorization. In all fairness you have to take all these factors into consideration. Also, it is not about protecting child molestors or defeating wt but doing what is just and proper and good.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Vidiot - it is possible they're crazy, stupid and evil all at the same time. Multitaskers.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    There goes confidentiality for child molestors if they see those files and now who is next when a Court orders to see anybody's file if wt has a record on anyone. It could be yours.

I doubt anyone is interested in seeing whatever my local cong has written on me, especially since they've not even had a report for over a year.

I, on the other hand, as a father would be very interested to know if any of the members of my local congregation is a paedophile.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

At some point, you just have to ask yourself why in the world do they do this.

The keep postponing the inevitable: names are going to come out.

I have wondered in the past what higher up was a pedophile.

Their policy was, and continues to be, one that is perfect for protecting a clever pedophile.

This policy is the reason for an acrimonious split between me and a family member; he supports it and claims they have changed

They have NOT changed; they still cling to the 2 witness rule, but twist and tweak it as they see fit.

They STILL require elders to 'investigate' and, incredibly, do not require them to involve law enforcement.

Sooner or later, US law enforcement will go after them with a vengeance, if the catholic church is any precedent.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Per the courts orders: Only Zalkin and staff are allowed to view these documents.

What would be ABSOLUTELY great is if one of Zalkin's staff had a photographic memory...

Even tho they cannot 'discuss it' or 'reveal' information, they would be able to repeat the same process, obtain the files.

Aaaaand, when getting new clients, if they could remember PERPETRATOR'S names, they would know their odds of winning.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Per the courts orders: Only Zalkin and staff are allowed to view these documents.

It doesn't matter. The existence of such files are verified, the files are soepenable, church privacy is defeated, wt is now losing cases in the Courts.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    It doesn't matter. The existence of such files are verified, the files are soepenable, church privacy is defeated, wt is now losing cases in the Courts.

I demand you tell us what you have done with the real Fisherman

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Fisherman is right about the confidentially aspect. I mean, what if the public knew that I didn't always get 10hrs a month in service and looked a boobs on a computer? Jesus, can you even imagine?? ( ( shudder ))

I guess it's a good thing that the WTBTS's official doctrine states that they have no Clergy/Laity, and therefore, no Clergy/penitent privilege to protect... That was a close one..

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm surprised that WTS hasn't moved the files out of the USA and claimed US Courts have no jurisdiction regarding them. Or, have someone destroy them who then flees the US.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit