Exes: Would You Rat On A Current JW?

by NotFormer 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's an interesting thought. If you are an ex JW, presumably dfed, and you see a current JW in good standing engaging in behaviour that would concern their elders, would you pass on that information to interested parties? Do accusations from exes and other outsiders carry any weight? Would they even be listened to?

I personally doubt that any of the exes here care enough to do such a thing. After all, you left for many reasons, including the crappy way judicial committees treated people. Why would you stir anything up?

It's just an interesting thought I had based on the 1987 WT article about Mary using privileged information against a fellow congregant. Does testimony from a non JW third party count as evidence to a JC? Given that they don't even give credence to a police investigation as evidence, I'm guessing "No".

Thoughts?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

It depends.

If they (the elder body) want to disfellowship the person anyway and they're looking for a reason to get rid of them, then, yes, they (the elders) would grab it up (the testimony of an exJW) in a heartbeat.

If they don't want to disfellowship the person because the person supports the GB/FDS/elder "system", then it doesn't matter if an exJW has evidence of adultery, abuse, whatever - the elders will protect wrongdoers if it is convenient for them.

It's just like the Barabbas vs Jesus thing in the Bible. They let off the hook who they want to let off the hook. They "kill" who they want to "kill". It has nothing to do with justice or due process of law.

• Simon
    Simon

Depends, was it a self-righteous jobsworth that took delight in throwing others under the bus?

Time to learn how it feels ...

Otherwise, no, I'm not doing their dirty work for them.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    The very idea of tattling on a church member to the church leaders makes my skin crawl. I have no business meddling in their private life. I'd feel exactly the same about my neighbor who buys lottery tickets if they were Catholic or JW. If it is not a question of public safety, what they do in private is none of my business.
  • no-zombie
    no-zombie

If I learned something these days, I'd just keep it to my self. Except if it was a serious crime, then I'd go to the police.

But it doesn't matter, as most people confess anyway in the end. Its part of our psychological makeup.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

No

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Like @Simon said:
    "NO, I'm not doing their dirty work for them. "

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

If you do that, you're endorsing their system. If it is a serious matter, e.g., murder or child molestation, rather report it to the police.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I'm with Simon. A few need cut down to a size

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Im with Simon too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit