Exes: Would You Rat On A Current JW?

by NotFormer 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, I would never contact that religion about anything.

Rather, I agree with VIDQUN that going to the police would be the right thing to do if it is about the serious things he mentioned. But, to add, I would go to the police about theft as well.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Do accusations from exes and other outsiders carry any weight? Would they even be listened to?

In my personal experience my answer would be no. These days though my feelings about ratting out a JW to their elders f--- 'em! They can do there own dirty work.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It depends. If his conduct was wrong but did not really concern me .... then no. Of course not.

If it had hurt someone that I am close to... then yes. If it was a nasty crime then I would report to the law.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'm with Simon on this one. I have no desire to contact anyone in the Borg about anything. I sure ain't gonna spy for them.

However, if I had personal knowledge of JW mooching off welfare or milking a "disability" or the like so they could pioneer or whatever, I'd report them to the government in a heartbeat. The more reproach it brings on J-dawg's name, the better.

To me, that kind of thing is far more egregious than consenting adults indulging in the horizontal tango.

• Mum
    Mum

I have no desire to talk to any JW for any reason. If the act was illegal, I would report it to the police. If I thought the person needed help, I would contact Social Services.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I would contact the police on a crime. But Ratting on Jw, No way. Elders need to do that.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When I was younger I was walking home from school and Elderette saw me with some beef jerky in my mouth like a cigar. The next meeting I'm in the back room with 3 elders accused of smoking. North Korea living as a Jw.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Foolednomore: Did you demand to know who it was so you could report them for bearing false witness?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

This is somewhat off-topic, but when I was a kid, I told the elders that I saw my friends smoking. They ended up getting disfellowshipped. I've regretted it ever since. But then again, they're probably better off.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

NotFormer- I told them by name who it was. And it was all bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit