1st Post

by Angela 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

HOWDY AND WELCOME!!!

Nice to see YOU here Jes. Missed ya around here lately.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

WELCOME ANGELA!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy researching, and I'm sure you will find things that will seem as though they should be lies, yet facts prove otherwise. Look forward to seeing your posts.

-Rick

• Brummie
    Brummie
    My first thought was that you people are crazy and are lying.

Well the most I would admit to is being a little crazy!

Welcome aboard Angela, its great to have you here.

Hope you dont find the research as daunting and painful as most of us did. If you do there is a lot of support here, glad you found this site.

Brummie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good to have you aboard -----I think you will find a good group on here. I am one of the nutty ones- but I guess I should realize that "new" ones leaving might think all on board are the same -They truly are a great bunch I was in the Watch Tower over 20+ years I was Df for saying I didnt believe Jesus came invisibly in 1914---- So My Kids mustnt speak to me because Of that. Every one has told you to research Yes Please do just that. If I can help in any way Let me know ......Keep posting good to hear from you

• dottie
    dottie

((((((((((((angela))))))))))))

Welcome!!!

I hope you find as much comfort and friends here as I have! It's a great place to vent and share

Dottie

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, Angela!

Realizing that the Governing Body is not at all "sainted" nor "God's channel of communication" is quite a shock to the JW-immersed system! There were several things that shook me up as I made my way to disassociation:

blood fractions becoming "a matter of conscience" in 1990;

the teaching that everyone but JWs was bird food at Armageddon, no matter that it seemed to me that God was answering their prayers, too;

the "generation" change in 1995 (on the heels of previous "generation" age understandings);

the 607 BCE date for the fall of Jerusalem being incorrect according to EVERYBODY and every piece of archaeological evidence;

the fact that the gospel accounts DO actually say "This is my body" in the Greek, and not "This means my body" -- check your Kingdom Interlinear -- which made me feel like an idiot with a Bible study once;

the way the Society has modified its teachings on how the Second Coming of Christ will unfold, now very similar to "Christendom's";

then, when I was researching on the internet, learning that the Society misquoted the sources that we trusted them to research for us and present fairly. What a disappointment that the quotes were dishonestly edited in order to make them fit Watchtower doctrine.

What a disappointment that Bethel knowingly deceives in order to keep control. What a disappointment to discover that the organization is just as hierarchical and self-interested as its nemesis -- the Catholic church. What a disappointment to finally understand that the basis for its most crucial teaching -- Christ's parousia already begun -- has all the time been on a foundation of shifting sand!

Read, Angela, read, research and yes, weep. I know I did. I know many did. You will experience all the symptoms of grief, but in the end -- at the end you will find relief.

You ARE a worthy human being; valuable. You ARE doing enough. The organization is WRONG. Leaving it is RIGHT. There is love to be found elsewhere.

May you find it sooner rather than later.

outnfree

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome Angela.

Glad you found this place, it may help in your research.

Everyone has some very good thoughts, I hope you consider them.

Let us know what you find out and bounce some thoughts off of us. We did at one point or we wouldn't be here.

Hugs,

j2bf

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi angela, these people (still can't quite say we'se people) are totally supportive. iv onlybeen here few days but feel totally welcomed and validated. you too. this seems to be very good place to work through questions and doubts - i certainly have had many. don't be afraid. its ok. take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit