1st Post

by Angela 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Angela
    Angela

Hello Everybody.

This is my very first post. I am 24 year old and I have been disfellowshipped for the last 2 years. I live in California. I am not sure if I want to return to the meetings or not. I have been reading everyone’s posts all weekend. There is quite a bit of information I must say I was not aware of. I was particularly interested in the Scandals & Cover-ups Section. My first thought was that you people are crazy and are lying.

As I read more and more and checked out all of the different links I begin to think that there must be some truth to these scandals. I will start to do more research as many of you have urged other new members to do.

Angela

• rebel
    rebel

Hello and welcome Angela.

You do all the research you need to. I am sure you wil learn a lot here - I have.

God bless

xxRoz

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Angela

Welcome to the board,

Keeping reading and researching !

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi Angela and Welcome!

You will find lots of info and links to help you....

Tina

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Angela, and welcome to the forum. I hope you'll find it interesting and able to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

The Scandals & Cover-Ups, I know...you come on to a site like this and wonder what drugs some of us might be on...but we're quite sober here, and have countless years of experience as Jehovah's Witnesses.

It would do no one any good if we simply made it up. It could be proven otherwise.

Glad you took the time to check out the links, and perhaps read some of the posts here. It's pretty easy going, and light-hearted over all, but you will see a wide variety of topics, and people are comfortable enough to let 'their hair down' a bit here, which can make for funny threads.

Angela, I hope you'll stick around. I know you are new here, so some of this is probably a bit tough to digest in one sitting. But take your time, and ASK questions - check them out...you don't have to take our word on any of it, but at least be open to 'asking questions'. It'll be more credible to you.

Best wishes Angela, hoping all is well with you.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Angela. I assume that you have stopped whatever you were DF'd for if you are even considering going back to the meetings.

We encourage research. But not just research about us but about your family if JW and congregations you have attended. Have they really demonstrated the love Jesus talked about. Most of us have had first hand experience with the hypocrisy in our families and congregations.

As to scandals, the child abuse one is the issue that I have my own experience with the elders lying about it, covering it up, and not going to the police. My experiences cover 20 years from 1983 to the present. Unless you have a husband who is an elder or are the victim or close family member, most people never hear about these cases. I was going through my files and I have newspapers articles on over 30 in the last 2 years.

The other part I would suggest researching are the changes in stand on issues such as who are the "superior authorities," did Jesus' presence begin in 1874 or 1914, did the end come in 1925 as predicted, were Moses, Abraham, David and others called "ancient worthies" resurrected then, will the people of Sodom and Gomorrah be resurrected, and what would have happened to you if you had a transplant operation up until 1967, between 1967 and 1980, and after 1980. I call these flip-flop doctrines.

Blondie(I saw the light)

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the board. I always think it is best to make an informed decision, and you can start doing that by reading many of the posts here.

The fact is that the WTS has hurt millions of people, and continue to do so with no regard. Though many of the people are good and sincere, it is governed by a group of people that have no sense of what the bible really teaches.

Please take the time to get to know some of those that are here, and read with an open mind. You will be shocked sometimes, and sad other times. But when you are done, I imagine you will be very grateful that you found this site.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome Angela.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Angela WELCOME !

I'm having a difficult time, trying to stay up with all the new poster's here in the last month or so. Glad you came forward and to have you here.

You said :

My first thought was that you people are crazy and are lying.

I doubt there are many, or any liars here...just a few who tend to exaggerate....but crazy......Whew..there's a few !

To find such a large amount of information as you have found here ( particullary with " Scandals and Coverups ' ), as well as the "links" to other excellant sites, can be at first a little overwhelming. But don't stop now ! Good luck, and if you need help...please ask .

xjw_b12

" Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know "

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Angela!

It does sound fantastic when you first read it, but some research convinced me and I think it will do that for you too. You owe it to yourself to do this. Write to the UN and ask them to verify if the Watchtower Society was ever an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization. Ask them to send the rules for an NGO and ask them if you must be an NGO to use their library. Spend a day in the library researching the history section for the actual date of the fall of Jerusalem. Also look up the books referenced by the Watchtower publications, particularly historians, archaeologists, and scientists, and read the actual text that that they quoted from.

Good luck on your search. It's nice to have you here. If you need to talk about what you find and your feelings, this is a good place to rant and rage. I'll be here to listen.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit