What it takes to keep separate from the world

by Sabin 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sabin
    Sabin

Check out this mag. June 15th, 1980.

Without a doubt, our appreciating just how wicked & corrupt Satan's world is will help us to keep separate from the world. Such appreciation will make it easy for us to obey the command found at Psalms 97:10 "O you lovers of Jehovah, HATE what is bad." No matter how pleasant, how enticing, wicked things are to the fallen flesh, we must ABOUR them, even as the apostle command's (Rom.12:9) More that that, we want to HATE those who wilfully show themselves HATERS of Jehovah, & HATERS of what is good. As David expressed it "Do I not HATE those who are intensely HATING you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a LOATHING for those revolting against you? With a complete HATERED I do HATE them. They have become to me real ENEMIS. (Ps. 139:21,22) We HATE them, not in the sense of wanting to do them harm or wishing them harm but in the sense of avoiding them as we would POISON or a POISONOUS SNAKE, for they can poison us spiritually. That is why we are warned, "Do not be misled, bad associations spoil useful habit's"- 1 Cor. 15: 33.

And let it be noted that this staying clean from WICKED persons applies not just to persons whom we may happen to meet or be thrown together with in our everyday affairs of life but also to those whom we choose to associate when it comes to entertainment.

Can you feel the LOVE jumping off the page at you. Now we all know what we are, SNAKES, that must mean that when we see them out or they come to our homes they should expect us to tell them to HISS OFF. Man I wish I could learn to be this loving, I'm sure glad they follow the behaviour of Jesus, he must be so proud of them. It's a good thing when they go house to house with their bibles in their hand that they do this because they love their neighbours. WOW! I feel so humbled by these Christ like one's, & so ashamed that I'm not just like them. I'm a little . Smack my Bum.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated
    I agree bad association spoil useful habits, such as associating with pedophile ring leaders who abuse and re-abuse little children sexually then cover it up and then you dig your head in the ground. If that isn't the darkest part of the world, I don't know what is.
  • Sabin
    Sabin

Well said Illuminated.

If they want to make those kind's of judgements on other's they had better make sure their own shit doesn't stink a.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The early 80s is when this religion went into full on cult mode IMO.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

No doubt, they have toned down the language over the years

Consider a recent study article (25 Oct 2015):

4 The Scriptures counsel those who want to do God’s will not to love this world and its practices. (Read 1 John 2:15, 16.) The religious, political, and commercial elements of this world—including their information channels—are under the influence of “the god of this system of things,” Satan the Devil. (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 John 5:19) As Christians, therefore, we need to watch our associations. God’s inspired Word declares this fundamental truth: “Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits.” —1 Cor. 15:33.
    5 To avoid spoiling our useful habits, we must not have as close associates those who practice bad things. This applies not only to associating with unbelieving wrongdoers but also to associating with those who claim to worship Jehovah but who deliberately violate hislaws. If such professing Christians engage in serious wrongdoing and do not repent, we do not continue to associate with them.—Rom. 16:17, 18.
    6 If we were to associate with those who do not obey God’s laws, we might have the tendency to do what they do in order to be accepted by them. For example, if we were to have close association with sexually immoral people, we might be tempted to practice immorality. That has happened to some dedicated Christians, and some of them were disfellowshipped because they were not repentant. (1 Cor. 5:11-13) Unless they repent, their condition can become like thatdescribed by Peter.—Read 2 Peter 2: 20-22.
    7 Although we want to be kind even to those who do not follow God’s laws, we should not become their intimate associates or close friends. It would therefore be wrong for one of Jehovah’s Witnesses who is a single person to date such an individual who is not dedicated and faithful to God and who does not respect His high standards. Maintaining Christian integrity is far more important than becoming popular with people who do not live by Jehovah’s laws. Our close associates should be those who do God’s will. Jesus said: “Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother.”—Mark 3:35.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8
    yep.....bat shit crazy!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

HHHMMMM ,

What does it take to keep separate from the world , where do we start .?

the Williams sisters ?

Prince ?

The William sisters Mom ?

M.Jackson ?

Etc.etc. many , ,entertainment / sporting celebrities have claimed association with J.W.`s and have either left or spoken out against them ,and the WTB&TS have remained silent about them as individuals.

And those that have remained continue to proclaim their association with Jehovah`s Witnesses.

It is common knowledge in the J.W. religion that you the rank and file member ,that is the ordinary member , are discouraged from participating in competitive sports ,or being Idolised as a person for your talent whatever that talent might be singer , musician , artist , or whatever ....Yet Jehovah`s Witnesses who have made that goal and are celebrities in their own field , be it sports or the arts in one form or another are free from any disciplinary action whatsoever from the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses .

It wouldn`t have anything to do with money changing hands would it ?

I`m an aussie , an AFL footballer , a Jehovah`s Witness held out for more money from his club , saying he was trying to decide whether to pursue his football career ( worth thousands of $$$$$ ) or go pioneering for J.W.`s

Guess what he chose , no money for your correct answer

Just saying

smiddy

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

What does it take to keep separate from this world? A world that our loving god Jehover has trapped every vile and rebellious spirit creature in the universe? Well, one could try living on Mars - which is where I'd like to ship out the (K)GB.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Keep separate from the world, oh except when you try and befriend them as return visits and studies....then if they don't "progress" and accept the cultish doctrines, drop that friendship pronto!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They generally moderate the tone these days but that does not mean that the "hate speech" has really been left behind.

The Video from the AGM , Stephen Lett, talking of refined understanding of the captivity to Babylon the Great , said this about other Christian religions:

"As imitation Christians infiltrated the cong [2nd Century] , what happened?..... An UGLY,and I mean UGLY, baby was born... That baby was Christendom and as it grew it became UGLIER and UGLIER!

That was more like the firebrand C/O's of the 1970's indulging in what the r & f used to call "Clergy-bashing"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit