What it takes to keep separate from the world

by Sabin 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    What's really ironic is that, for all the rhetoric about being "separate" from the world, they are - in reality - just as interconnected with it as any other church.
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated
    What's really ironic is that, for all the rhetoric about being "separate" from the world, they are - in reality - just as interconnected with it as any other church.

From an outsider's perspective, WTS is very "worldly". Forget churches, it's built like a corporation with it's company men salespeople. Spirituality is fluid, not rigid, it isn't stacked neatly and organized as a corporation is. Spirituality stands on it's own without labels and repetition.

• pbrow
    pbrow

crazyguy... and I am a child of those 80's. I remember hearing stupid shit like "1935" and wondering where that was in the bible... obviously never getting an answer. Even though I got out sooner then some I wish I would have had the courage to get out sooner than I did

Everyone one with kids in this cult.... Know this.... The propaganda is excellently prepared for your children. My mother did not hit me hard with the end of the world shit but it was preached at the kingdom hall non-stop. I grew up KNOWING that armageddon was coming before I turned 20. It greatly hampered my opportunities as a young child and also as a teen and young adult. It took me 30 years to get the courage to say enough is enough. If you have young kids it is imperative to get your kids out... even if it is at the expense of your "friends" and other family members. Your relationship with your mother or father or grandma or grandpa is a distant 3rd place to getting yourself and your kids out.

pbrow

pbrow

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sabin

You have a pm

smiddy

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    Even though I got out sooner then some I wish I would have had the courage to get out sooner than I did
    That is so true! I started to seriously doubt when I was around 20. Took few years of that process, but I still wish I had left earlier. Actually to be more precise, I wish I never got into the pool to begin with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit