Russian agents hacked US voting system manufacturer before US election

by Coded Logic 46 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

NOBODY is saying the election should be nullified. The issue here is that we are finding even more ways in which the Russians attempted to influence the outcome of our election.

The fact that they weren't successful (as far as we know) in no way undermines how disturbing this attack on our democratic system is.

• sir82
    sir82

There is far stronger evidence that large numbers of votes were cast by illegal immigrants than there is that Russian hackers cast votes.

Would like to see this.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

The consensus here seems to be that as long as the Russians weren't successful in changing votes, there's no story here.

This isn't sports, where sometimes you hear the expression "no harm, no foul". Going by your logic, if someone is attempting to commit a crime, and they are thwarted in the process, not able to pull it off, we should not be concerned.

I'm very tired of the lame statement that all the fake negative stories about the Democrats didn't affect the vote. If that's the case, why the billions of dollars spent on advertising by corporations, and the vicious smear tactics used by politicians during elections? Do they think that it has no effect on consumers and voters?

As far as the claims about all the illegal votes cast, why don't you produce some real evidence that it happened. Anyone still clinging to that idea is (in my opinion) just regurgitating Trump's tweets, too lazy to do their own research, only believing what they hear from the right wing.

The Election aside, someone tell me why the Russians attempting to interfere in the politics of other nations is nothing to worry about.

And please! If I hear any responses that contain the words Hillary, Obama, Democrats, left wing, DNC, Podesta, or other deflections, I'll assume that you have no real arguments.

• Simon
    Simon
    Why don't you just tick a box on a piece of paper like the rest of the world?

Or punch a hole in a piece of paper. No way that can go wrong ...

• Simon
    Simon
    The consensus here seems to be that as long as the Russians weren't successful in changing votes, there's no story here.

No, just that it's not the story being presented. There is every reason to always have a thoroughly secure and vetted election system. No one is disputing that.

But the story isn't presented as "someone TRIED to hack the election". It's presented as "someone DID hack the election". Huge, huge difference.

And let's not be coy - we know it has everything todo with Clinton & the dems trying to delegitimize Trumps election victory.

I'm very tired of the lame statement that all the fake negative stories about the Democrats didn't affect the vote. If that's the case, why the billions of dollars spent on advertising by corporations, and the vicious smear tactics used by politicians during elections? Do they think that it has no effect on consumers and voters?

Of course it has an effect - they see it as an investment which is why the US system is pitifully crap. But the dems raised and spent far, far more money. So is that unfair? Are you complaining about their fundraising and spending or just the advertising that is against the candidate you wanted to win?

And please! If I hear any responses that contain the words Hillary, Obama, Democrats, left wing, DNC, Podesta, or other deflections, I'll assume that you have no real arguments.

Or you just don't want to accept reality.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    But the story isn't presented as "someone TRIED to hack the election". It's presented as "someone DID hack the election". Huge, huge difference.
    No, that is NOT how the story is presented. Please read the story instead of attacking it for things it doesn't say.

The story even points out that is NOT a conclusion that should be drawn: . . . does not reach a conclusion about whether it affected the outcome of the election.

• Simon
    Simon
    Please read the story instead of attacking it for things it doesn't say.

It doesn't say the facts, it says a fiction. That's why I'm attacking it.

You are clearly trying to claim that the election machines were hacked but the original intelligence leak was about attempts to hack.

If you can't understand the difference then it's probably why you are so easily manipulated by the media.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    If you can't understand the difference then it's probably why you are so easily manipulated by the media.

This is exactly what (or very similar to what) Putin has said about the Americans. Let me look up the article.

What I found is this video about Putin speaking about the fact that it is not good to let you distract of the real problems in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?

and this next video from the SPIEF-forum 2017 (International Economic Forum) St.Petersburg, from 1-3 June, 2017 where Putin answers to the hacker matter using really funny parables

(https://www.forumspb.com/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGUgcC3dbOY

and a longer one with many good comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnqx6PYLqoQ

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    You are clearly trying to claim that the election machines were hacked

No, I did NOT make this claim. Please stop accusing me of saying things that I did not say.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    You are clearly trying to claim that the election machines were hacked but the original intelligence leak was about attempts to hack.

Wrong. There was absolutely no mention of voting machines being hacked in the article. The article was about a successful hack of the voting machine company to gain information about their systems.

Please stop trying to muddy the waters with the deflection of "no votes were changed". That's not the point. The point is that the Russians successfully hacked the company that supplied the machines. If you disagree, please paste the section of the article that confirms your fantasy. Otherwise, you're just indulging in a straw man argument.

Perhaps you should reread the article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit