White supremacy is an ideology of peace

by OneEyedJoe 36 Replies latest social current

• Laika
    Laika
    Oh yeah, like this forum hasn't gone mental or anything. Not at all.

It's well off the deep end, and it's getting worse. :/

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    They only reason your ideas appear to withstand scrutiny is because "popular" board members have your same viewpoint

That's a fair point. While I don't agree that consensus creates truth, I can see how some might be concerned about expressing their pro-islam views on this forum due to some of the history of this site. I'm genuinely interested if I'm missing some significant divergence between my satirical defense of white supremacy and any defense of islam. If anyone sees something that I'm missing (other than the minor points of divergence that I highlighted in the original post) I would gladly hear it over PM. I won't share names of anyone who sends me anything, but (with your permission) if there's a pro-islam argument that doesn't also imply a pro-white supremacist argument, I'll gladly come back here and point out where I've failed.

I try to be persuadable and I started this thread when listening to NPR this morning and heard a strongly anti-white supremacist spot followed up by a promo for a later piece which consisted in part of muslims complaining about being criticized because of muslim extremists. It struck me that there doesn't seem to be any real difference in the associated mindsets and so I posted this. I'm genuinely interested if anyone can point out something that I'm missing.

The last thing I want is for someone to feel like they have to withold their opinion because of the backlash of a group, however right that group might be. This is why free speech is important - not just so that those that might be wrongly oppressed can speak out but also so that those with ridiculous views might express them, have them honestly criticized and (hopefully) adjust them accordingly. Obviously we all assume we're in the right, as I'm doing now, but I'm open to criticism and want those that disagree with me to feel free to express their disagreement and have an honest conversation without fear of personal attack, or other bad faith arguments.

Weird, I guess I can sometimes be an optimist.

• sir82
    sir82

The last thing I want is for someone to feel like they have to withold their opinion because of the backlash of a group, however right that group might be.

LOL. Talk about passive-aggressive!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Isn't it ironic that in so-called western "democratic" countries everyone nowadays feels discriminated against in some way. So much so they feel the need to form their own "ist" group. And if the name they give themselves isn't quite controversial enough the media will dub them a catchy "ist" name so everyone knows who to hate.

Is is mandatory that everyone has to identify as an "ist" or a letter of the alphabet these days.

It seems if you don't state clearly what kind of "ist" you are you will be accused of being this type of "ist" for not idenifying yourself as that type of "ist."

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

"Every KKK member was a democrat."

Sorry, but that is not even remotely true. Several contemporary Republicans have self-identified as Klan members, and vice versa. There might be more Dems than Reps who have so far been connected to the KKK, but they certainly don't make up the entirety or even the majority of the organization.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I'm sure there'll be a few that misinterpret this, but here's a hint: it's satire. I agree with nothing I'm writing in favor of white supremacy. I'm honestly interested, though, where the real difference lies between the ideology of white supremacists driving them to violence vs the religion of islam driving them to violence. They're both obviously wrong. They're both rooted in violent histories.

How many people commenting missed the point of the OP , its

SATIRE.

• Simon
    Simon
    "Every KKK member was a democrat."
    Sorry, but that is not even remotely true. Several contemporary Republicans have self-identified as Klan members, and vice versa.

I'm talking about the actual KKK, the ones who lynched people. Not the modern pretend ones.

The KKK were the military wing of the democrats, in the same way that Antifa are their "muscle" today. There seems to be a pattern on the left of using violence and intimidation to force their agenda on people.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We don't need to argue over who the Democrats are/were. They changed. They are different.
    Meanwhile, white supremacy is the same old tired argument. Nothing changed, they are the same as before.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sparrowdown - "Isn't it ironic that in so-called western 'democratic' countries everyone nowadays feels discriminated against in some way. So much so they feel the need to form their own 'ist' group..."

Say, there's an idea.

Maybe I'll call myself a "discriminationist"?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "I'm talking about the actual KKK, the ones who lynched people. Not the modern pretend ones."

You think the modern ones wouldn't lynch people if they could get away with it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit