May 2019 Watchtower doubles down on the "Two Witness Rule" !

by stuckinarut2 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• waton
    waton
    I am sick of that Joseph story---- shagging the bosses wife has always been a bad idea

rtn: Even more so if the proposition was totally her desire, and you spurned the lady,

no fury like a lady denied. a lose lose situation for you.

Child abuse: let the Authorities do the work they are paid for.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let's be honest, folks.

Did anyone here really think that this was gonna change at this point?

The two-witness rule is too vital a component in keeping the rank-and-file from realizing the scope of the problem (and thus - ultimately - realizing that the WTS doesn't actually have The Truth) for the bOrg to ever be able to drop it.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Caesar's laws are really starting to squeeze the wt organization! Old Caesar is helping to bring jw's into the 21st century!

just saying!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a child molester won't molest a child in front of a witness. They know by now that their policies don't protect children, the ARC spelled that out for them 4-5 years ago now, they just pretend not to or they don't care and either way the end result is the same: pedophiles preying on children with immunity.

What more can one say.

They may very well say they abhor child sexual abusers ,however their very policy of two witness rule to a crime such as this belies their claim.

• blondie
    blondie

Vidiot, I don't think that the WTS will change the 2-witness policy internally for altruistic reasons, or moral reasons. But the WTS puts financial considerations first and protecting their fiefdom. Outside legal forces are putting the screws to all organizations that hide pedophiles. The WTS will be caught in that tide.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe, but...

...like I said before, dispensing with or even simply adjusting the rule can't help but increase the risk of more and more accusations/allegations (that can't be simply dismissed) being made open and known to the rank-and-file...

...something that I still think the GB would sell their souls to put off as long as possible.

And don't forget that all the anecdotal evidence we have indicates they really do believe everything they claim about themselves...

...so if the WTS really is - as more and more of us suspect- on shaky financial ground, this is a perfect opportunity - from their POV - to draw a line in the sand against "Satan's World", provoke "persecution", and (hopefully) trigger the Great Tribulation to drop and bail them out.

That's exactly the kind of "all-or-nothing" gamble blunder that an apocalyptic True-Believer cult would make if they were backed into an increasingly tighter corner.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    snmiddy3 - "They may very well say they abhor child sexual abusers ,however their very policy of two witness rule to a crime such as this belies their claim."

Oh, I'm sure they do "abhor" it.

It's causing them nothing but problems, after all.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit