Did 1914 mark an increase in earthquake activity & deaths worldwide?

by Kenneson 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlanF
    AlanF

REALNESS, your comments are utter nonsense. Would you like me to explain in detail why?

AlanF

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Alan f : Thank you for the offer but i must politely decline your kind invitation, i know you are a busy man and have many pressing engagements, so feel it would be unfair of me to distract you with my nonsense a moment longer.

R

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Eathquakes on the decline..People living longer..1914 no longer relevant to the WBTS(they had to cancel armageddon,LOL!)...Just a tiny bit of research will show you WBTS is full of crap...OUTLAW

• AlanF
    AlanF

Oh, no, Realness, I'm never too busy to show why JWs like you are such spewers of nonsense in God's name. I always welcome the chance to innoculate naive readers against your foolishness.

Let's try a little experiment just for grins, shall we? If I told you to meet me at the corner of Hollywood and Vine in L.A. on the very day that you see the sky is blue, the grass is green and young men are lusting after young women, would you have a clue when to meet me? Why not?

AlanF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Realness,

As the wtbts points out there is no need for an increase, true there have always been these "signs" but jesus meant that in the last days people would be able to see these signs clearly, in the age we live in, with 24 hr news coverage and internet access people are able to see these things taking place. There would be no point in these signs happening even a century ago because not everybody would be able to wittness these things, the world is a smaller place, hence jesus words You will see earthquakes etc.

Are you serious? You actually believe that the God has been waiting for the world media and its Internet gurus to gets their act together so that he can then bring an Armageddon?....lol

Why did he not demand the same standards of himself when he purportedly drowned millions of people at the Flood? Let me guess, Noah was a preacher of righteousness and subsequently designed the first mass produced papyrus and tablet printing operation just to make sure people could read what was about to happen to them? In case you doubt my figure of millions, take out your Insight book and read the WTS equation of how many able bodied men were alive 120years after the Flood when the Tower Babel was purportedly being built. Now apply the same equation to the stated generations who lived before the Flood. What figure do you have?

Stick around Realness - you have much to learn - HS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"You actually believe that God has been waiting for the world media and it`s internet gurus to get their act together so he can then bring an armageddon?"........LOL!! hillary_step,you do have a way with words..The truth and common sense will cut through bullshit in a heartbeat...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

Realness,

Of course you are shown to be a hit-and-run dubbie coward. None of us who've been around the dubbie block are surprised. Thank you for sharing, and thank you VERY MUCH for showing your religion, when cornered has no real arguments. Your contributions showing how weak your religion's stance is, is much welcome for lovers of truth and ethics.

: Distress is measured; not by the number of earthquakes or how they rate on' the Richter scale, but by the effect that they have upon people.

This is a most-telling statement, and I think I should point out why I think it is very signficant. The WTS has argued for decades that earthquakes would increase in intensity and damage to fulfill their interpretation of Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. With this single sentence, the Watchtower has done a 180 degree turn and stated that that actual earthquakes in these last days are not as important as the "perception" of people who live through them or see news accounts of them and then have some "effect" that is Biblically significant from hearing, living, or viewing them in the media.

Recalling Jesus' words (I'm paraphrasing) he stated that there would be earthquakes in one place after another. What Jesus did NOT say was, "but the earthquakes themselves don't mean dick. What means dick in the latest joke from WatchtowerLand(tm) is how "scared" the people will be when those earthquakes happen. The more scared they are, the closer to the "end" it will be."

Can any rational person tell me that people are MUCH more scared of earthquakes in our modern time, now that we know what causes them and now that we have built many structures and have plans and logistics to deal with them, than people were, say 1200 years ago when those supersitious people thought earthquakes were a punishement from God and had NO plan in place to deal with the problems earthquakes caused back then?

In short, is the "effect" of earthquakes today so much more negative and scary than the "effects" of earthquakes one millennium ago?

Furthermore, if one takes this "new light" (bullshit) from the Watchtower Book-Selling Corporation" on its face, then it must also logically follow that EVERYTHING Jesus mentioned in Matt 24, et. al was not about about the "thing" itself, but the "effect" of the thing.

Wars and rumors of wars haven't really increased. It's just that when people "think" about them, it's very damaging to people and a sure sign of the "last days(tm)."

Famines and food shortages haven't really increased. It's just that when people "think" about them, it's very damaging to people and a sure sign of the "last days(tm)."

Therefore, NOTHING Jesus said was literal. It was all about how people somehow "perceive" it! Do you folks get the idiocy of this kind of reasoning? It is implying that somehow in our days people "perceive" earthquakes, famines and wars in some ominous way that people never "perceived" such things before!

The WTS Corporation has painted itself into a very dangerous corner, and I just showed why.

Farkel

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Yes Outlaw she does have a way with words....unlike you!!!....i have noticed your replies to me are very angry...care to share?.

R

• Farkel
    Farkel

Realness,

: have noticed your replies to me are very angry...care to share?.

It's very difficult to hold back one's words when dealing with a doofus like you. I'm sure OUTLAW would agree with me on this.

When are you going to answer MY comments, doofus?

Farkel

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Farkel-

I know you don't care for me much, but if necessary may I use your words if the subject about earthquakes and the signs of the last days comes up (in my "debate" with REALNESS)? I thought you stated things clearly and concisely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit