JW Sites?

by EternalPettingZoo 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EternalPettingZoo
    EternalPettingZoo

Hello,

Long time lurker who just created an account.

I was raised a witness, never dunked, have new jw bride ( why u ask? um... i do love her, just not the dub side, which is raising its little head more and more now) and a little 5 month old that I would like to have other options in life than a full time pioneer married to a 23 year old MS who works for his daddy's janitor business. I know there isnt anything wrong with being a janitor, bla bla, but you all know what i mean hopefully.

Toni the turd finally knocked me out for good - was in and out over the past 15 years.

Anyway, anyone have any good sites that just explore JW's beliefs and doctrines without bias? I'm looking for something like jwfacts without the negative spin. She would shut it down after reading the first sentence or two. She's a devout dub and i'm trying to work with her - but she isn't going to read anything on sites she will consider apostate. Maybe something like Wikipedia but dedicated to jw beliefs?

I love this site but the anti-jw view is a bit much and i know she wouldn't read anything here.

I'm also aware that there is probably nothing that will sway her - but i would at least like to have some available should that time arise. I asked her to explain the generation crap last night and all i could get was that it makes more sense now than before... but she couldn't explain it of course. Haven't met anyone that could.

Thanks for reading! I love reading all the experiences and topics here.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

have you tried http://meletivivlon.com/

Otherwise known as Borean Pickets

Also, reading up on Steven Hassans work is helpful. It is about how the BITE model is used, and how to recognize it. https://www.freedomofmind.com/

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    90% of jwfacts come from the wt own publications. just print out articles you might find healthful. for instance, what the bible students actually believed about 1914 is'nt even close to how the organization spins it. next check out the failed 1925 prohecy that got swept under the rug. along with beth sarim mansion for resurrected ancient worthies..
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome EPZ - why not have a "family study evening" - using topics you find on here? Gently stir your wife's thinking processes.

All the best.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If you Google Jehovah Witness you will find several news media articles and documentaries regarding the religion (I mean cult). Also, there is plenty of info (not apostate) regarding the Australian Royal Commission.

I know what you mean Tony Morris did a number on us too. It really had an impact (the 23 yr. old MS thing) on my spouse. We had started our fade about 3 years ago but that talk put the nail in the coffin. Hopefully we have our kids out too (for good, we hope).

The frustrating thing is that you could have Jesus himself come down and tell everyone that this is a crock of sh*t and they would just continue on like the good little robots should.

Be careful with your wife, she sounds full in and may let someone know you are having "apostate thoughts." They think they are doing what is best for you and then the Elders start poking around.

Take it slow.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the forum!

Toes up made a number of good points. I would stay away from doctrine.

The following might work for you........... it's on Wikipedia and it appears to be a bias free history of the Jehovah'sWitnesses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Check out the citations.

Of course with your child in mind she should be informed about the pedophile issue the JW's have. If you google that subject...... CBS, CNN, ABC, and other non apostate sites have been reporting on it. Google the Australian Royal Commission as well.

A big part of the problem is that the JW's apply the 'two witness' rule. So in this aspect the Society actually protects pedophiles.

• cognac
    cognac
    Going to YouTube and show her some videos on other cults... The similarities might jump out at her. I think I got that from Steve Hassan, but can't remember....
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sometimes the most effective thing is to ask a JW to explain something, then raise questions. A lot of the logic falls apart if you question it. You have to be very careful to not arouse the cult mind set, open challenges dont work unless they are already questioning. Pay attention if you go to meetings to find things to ask about, ask her to explain it.

Use the bible, there are a lot of scriptures the organization avoids because it conflicts with what they teach. For example, jesus said that the identifying mark of his followers was that they have love among themselves. Not the preaching, which is what the Watchtower seems to think is all important, but love. when did you last hear a talk on that?

What everyone else said about using the organizations own words to show how much they hide their past. You must be very careful, dont do too much at once, a little bit here and there is better.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When I first began doubting, or questioning I first went to a site called reachouttrust.org. Then I went a little further and came across the Cal Lehman ministries and Cal has a wonderful site Towerwatch.com and it was there which people would send a link to this wonderful site.

I went on to Jwfacts.com. It was there, it was there when I read about Beth Sarim, such a silly, stupid series of events about Judge Rutherford and his actions, corvette, all his bottles, etc. Reading about Beth Sarim had such a deep, profound, unprecedented effect on me, it was almost jaw-dropping. It had such a deep, deep impacting effect on me is that is how I got my handle, Beth Sarim,LMFAO!!!!!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Oh,, yeah, forgot. Cedars site, over at Jwsurvey.com,is another site. If,(Was) there a riff between Cedar and this site,(which I am totally ignorant, or unaware of, my apologies to Cedar), he has an awesome too. I don't want to endorse anything which would promote any kind of animosity between Cedar and this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit