Canada Branch Financials are Posted (The Bleeding Appears Very Real)

by berrygerry 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Jeff, your not allowed to be neutral and sensable when slim wants the facts to mean the wt is collapsing today.. or did yesterday or something.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Berry Jerry: There isn't an investor anywhere that would put a dime into a corporation with those numbers

....and, a little difficult for a court to access significant payouts to victims when the books show less and less.

It could be the org is doing asset control in preparation for upcoming legal battles

Maybe

• JeffT
    JeffT

The only financial statement that would actually tell us what's going on is a consolidated statement for ALL of the Watchtower's related entities. A thin slice of the pie (which is what these numbers represent) don't tell us anything about the pie as a whole. Transferring money from one operation to another may look like money disappeared if you're only looking at the outgoing transaction. We need to know where the money WENT.

Morpheus: thank you. I think some people here let their desire to see the Watchtower go down cloud their judgement.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Could one of you financial whizz-kids briefly explain what a "shell game" is please, if you have the time?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    It could be the org is doing asset control in preparation for upcoming legal battles.

It is possible - however, those declines started 8 years ago. The only real legal threat in Canada was within the past year.

It looks more like it took several whacks to their corporate skull to fully realize that their "publishing" (books and mags) is truly and fully dead.

Because of their abrupt cessation of printing (Canada was printing all of the English for North America), they have given themselves a reprieve - but the glory days are definitely over.

(I'm tracking another metric - I'll post it in 2 years)

• sparky1
    sparky1

I handle 'small potatoes' compared to JeffT, but agree with him completely. Any corporation, whether for profit or not, must keep their 'books' according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. So first and foremost, we would need a Consolidated Operating Statement for the ENTIRE Watchtower/CCJW operation worldwide in order to get a clearer picture of their financial condition. On top of that, a Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Capital as well as a Cash Flow Analysis would give us an exact picture of their financial condition. I respect slimboyfat's intellect and admire his tenaciously predicting the collapse of Watchtower/CCJW. However, in this instance he is way out of his league. I have said it before and I will say it again, slimboyfat has no idea what he is talking about (in regards to the financial collapse of Watchtower/CCJW).

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Guys...please....what is a "shell game"?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think a shell game has reference to 3 shells and one with the ball under it, and the person has to guess where the ball is after they are shuffled around. So by the society moving around numbers from column to column in their books it is a shell game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_game

• Scully
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    JeffT: The only financial statement that would actually tell us what's going on is a consolidated statement for ALL of the Watchtower's related entities. A thin slice of the pie (which is what these numbers represent) don't tell us anything about the pie as a whole. Transferring money from one operation to another may look like money disappeared if you're only looking at the outgoing transaction. We need to know where the money WENT.

Agree

Just examining each branch separately doesn't tell us much. And, I think it is important to take into account the different tax laws for each country to get a clearer picture of how the org moves money around.

For example, the Canadian branch tax returns had an anomaly show up a few years back that would affect an analysis if it wasn't taken into consideration. It was in 2014(3?) when the org forgave all those KH loans. And why? It was because the Canadian Revenue Agency made them do it. Charities could no longer act as banks so the org had to forgive those loans. Which skewed their asset/liability figures dramatically.

A shell game, indeed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit