More money-grubbing: Give us your money even if you can't afford food

by bohm 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I will never forget the watchtower article of the little Mexican rural boy who sold his only chicken and put the money in the hall box. No meat Tacos tonight again!!!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    The Searcher ... You can read without downloading. Just click on the cover picture of the Watchtower and it brings up all of the contents for reading.

Not the Jan 2017 - this is what menrov means (insteads Jan 2016)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't support this organization that is trying to help enslave the whole world using psychic energy. If I have any small coins to donate toward that purpose, I would rather "donate" them to APMEX or some other precious metals dealer, and buy silver (which I keep). Or, if I was that low on music that Kingdumb maladies are dominating, I would prefer "donating" it to whatever music store online I can find and access and getting a few top-rated albums. Food is more important than Worldwide Damnation Fund donation--if you starve, you are not going to get very far in field circus.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    The Searcher - You must be looking at a copy you downloaded.

MENROV - They have not yet up loaded the HTML version. Downloads only for now. There are delays sometimes, but this is the longest I've seen. It can take even longer for them to add it to the wol "online library".

Splash - Excellent point on the context. I just looked up the last bit of Luke 20 and the first bit of Luke 21. I will be using this.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The message would appear to be that Jehovah needs money more than that old lady needs food:

I Donate My Money To WatchTower..

Then I Eat At The Local Soup Kitchen..

WATCHTOWER

DOESN`T HAVE SOUP KITCHENS..

Image result for Old woman in soup kitchen

• startingover
    startingover

New songbook. Hope the picture shows up.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

startingover, is that for real or are you pulling our legs?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Take my silver and my gold, nothing lord would I withhold were the original words from the 1950 Songs to Jehovah's Praise, Dedication.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Health Problems: my Father can't even stay awake long enough to eat his meals let alone listen to Botchtower's clap trap. I control his money now. Botchtower has received nothing since that happened. And they will never receive any more. They were into him for 10's of thousands of dollars. NO MORE!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If by some miracle the eldurr conducting the Sunday morning parrot session for this WT lowers himself to call on FedUp I am going to mention the older woman at the empty cupboard by name. I will call her Sister Hubbard. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit