Staying a Jehovah's Witness

by lriddle80 24 Replies latest jw friends

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Iriddle80 - I have wondered about the GB a long time.

I think when it comes down to it - they are Victims of Victims.

That does not excuse anything of course.

I also think the are REALLY grasping at straws right know trying to figure out WTF is going on since every expectation and prediction has NOT happened.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

It feels like they are going to disappear one day, making people think they were taken up to heaven, but really retiring to a tropical island somewhere drinking scotch, haha!

• millie210
    millie210

Anytime you have a very exclusive group - you must keep them bunched up and tightly huddled or you get diversity.

The JW religion was formed at a time when they branded themselves as the "answer" to all the "problems" other religions had.

Thus, no holidays, no cross, special name for God, neutrality, etc. This made them seem much more "otherworldly" and Jesus like and as though they alone were the keepers of a higher standard.

That has an appeal to certain people. The "we are Gods chosen people" rhetoric starts at birth and most JWs firmly believe it. They have disdain for and pity and even a form of "love" for the unwashed masses that exist outside of their exclusivity.

They don't mind if you join, in fact, they actively proselytize, The exclusivesness is not determined by numbers but by everyone adhering to the tight rigid path.

To leave is similar to going AWOL from the Army.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think the GB (at least the majority of them) are delusional believers, just I was a delusional believer when I was a diehard Elder. Just as you were before you came to know TTATT.

Yes, they must know they have problems brewing. Serious problems. Such as with the "overlapping" bandage of a fix on the Generation doctrine. (How effing ridiculous is that?!?!?!?)

I think they are sincerely praying that Joe Hoover will swoop in and bail their ass out before they have to come up with another "fix" for the problems they are facing -- doctrinal problems; law suit problems, etc

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow
    Such as with the "overlapping" bandage of a fix on the Generation doctrine. (How effing ridiculous is that?!?!?!?)

That was the sign that They Have No Idea Whats Going On, and are worried.

Funny enough, I gave the concluding talk at the District introducing the Overlapping.
    I tried for weeks to make sense of it and couldn't.
    BUT! I am an elder in a congo spitting distance from Headquarters who was chosen to give the concluding talk (something I have never seen), I engaged cognitive dissidence in high gear.

Now if they came up with the Overlapping in 1979, they could say, see jehober is guiding us.
    But when you fix a problem after the fact, you know all they are doing is making it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit