Staying a Jehovah's Witness

by lriddle80 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Shunning keeps JW's from hearing the other side of the story while simultaneously providing a means for them to feel extra virtuous about themselves.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Shunning is quarantine infection control, pure and simple, protection from highly contagious realities.

RB.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why the shunning if someone leaves?

To prevent people from leaving the cult and telling others in the cult that they've been had. Who wants to be shunned? I'm ok with it and they can all f*** off. When I left the cult, my wife left me and the family broke up. When they claim to bring families together, they are telling lies!!

But imagine if you didn't want to lose family. If losing family would mean starting from scratch with no one and nothing (a bit like I did).

Why are they working so hard to keep everyone in? Is it money?

Yes. Bottom line.

The governing body, look at them. They look like they enjoy eating pies, don't they?! Not exactly malnourished are they?!

Those gluttonous pigs enjoy the luxury they live in. They love their rock star status. It's all about them.

These disgusting cult leaders protect paedophiles. Make no mistake. The actually protect paedophiles. They need money to hush up victims and keep the perverts as anonymous as possible. It makes me wonder if the GB or members thereof are paedophiles themselves. This would explain why their rules protect perverted filth. In this way the GB protect themselves.

So. Why the shunning?

Because the leaders need money.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

it's all about control : controlling people, controlling relationship between members, controlling the money... controlling the whole life of their members ! Who called this a CULT ?????

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Some are acting as if "working hard to keep people in" is something new? And that it has to do with money? And Shunning, like it's a new strategy?

None of this is new, and has nothing to do with financial issues.

Remember, this is not an org that started as a scheme to make money (a la L. Ron. Hubbard).
    There were many sincere people who thought 100% this was the truth.

Yes if DFing ended, it would slowly end the cult as we know it.

If field service was not required, it would slowly end the cult as we know it.

If meeting attendance was not so heavily required, it would slowly end the cult as we know it.

• tiki
    tiki

I agree with petezahut...cult behavior. We are shining stars of God's choice...the rest of you are devils seed....and you are worse than that even if you deviate from our rules and regulations.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why the shunning if someone leaves? Why are they working so hard to keep everyone in? Is it the money?

I do not believe it is the money. In our situation, we had quit giving money before we quit giving our time (meetings, etc). If anything, doubters are a financial drain on the Borg.

I believe the shunning policy has to do with "Information Control". (Let's review: It's a Cult!) The Powers That Be (GB, etc) know that if Doubters and Skeptics share their doubts and skepticism about the ridiculous doctrines (New Light, Old Light, Flashing Blinking Lights) with other JDubs, the doubting and skepticism will be "contagious" and result in many others who go about "whispering" their doubts to others, etc, etc before they finally walk out the door.

Starting out, some may be sincerely seeking the answers to their doubts, but as they dig deeper and discover that there are NO satisfying answers they come to realize that they have been scammed. The way to shut them up is to threaten them with shunning and the loss of all their "friends" and JW family.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

So, do you think the governing body really believe in this or do you think they are, with malice, keeping people in what they know is a scam. I think they are evil, but maybe they are just that delusional? It's hard for me to believe that there are people who want to hurt other people on purpose. I have seen it first-hand, though, so I know it exists.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is possible to leave and not be shunned, many of us have done it.

It takes a sloooooow fade and guarded speech in the company of dubs.

In the U K the elders are so non caring that they leave you alone and r and f members only shun if they hear an announcement .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the internet is killing the watchtower cult. most people with an ounce of common sense can now research all they need to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit