How does mankind know what happen before we were created??

by James Mixon 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Im a believer so I'll answer.. Oh you mean... Well, I'll answer anyways. Most of what people "know" is just belief... usually very strongly held beliefs that were hammered into them for many years. Their beliefs may be right, or wrong, either way, they just "know".

For example, religion, or 1492, or planetary shapes just to name a few.

Lets face it, you can believe the words and thoughts of others but until you fully experience it yourself, you really can't know, even if you "know".

Maybe not what you were looking for but hey, what do I know?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

According to the Bible nothing was written down until Moses came along some 2,000 tears after Adam ,where did he get all of this info from ?

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

The Anunnaki gave it to the Sumerians, and Moses copied it from them, lol.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

JW.Rogue: Jesus tells doubting Thomas, can you believe Satan came to me while I was in the wilderness and ask me to tell the stones to become bread. Thomas was called only Thomas before, he became doubting Thomas after that conversation.

One theory, Moses did not write Genesis (waton mention this). It was put together by "Pious" men during the time of Israel's kingdom and as late as the post-exile (post Babylonian captivity). In order to gain credence Moses name was attached to it.

MrRoboto: I think I understand your point.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    For example, "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Well, what language did He use to say that, if language had not been invented. And why was God talking to himself like a weirdo, anyway?

• waton
    waton
    Well, what language did He use to say that, if language had not been invented. And why was God talking to himself like a weirdo, anyway?

The bible aside, there could be a scientific grain of truth to this. Many modern theories imply an underlying resonance to everything, from string theory to planetary spacings. but

for every lucky hit in the scriptures there is the exposure of ignorance how things work.

• venus
    venus

All scriptures are imagination of human beings which can be proved by looking at the main theme they have all come out with:

a) Eternal life in heaven or in hell on the basis of just one birth which means even premature death of children, or

b) Eternal merging with God.

Both these concepts make no sense at all. Regarding the first option, what Bernard Shaw said is very true: “Nobody could stand an eternity of Heaven.”

Regarding the second option, we can ask: If we come here on to earth to purify ourselves through many births as some religions teach and then to be merged with God, why such a need arose in the first place when we were in God who is the source of all purity. That means second option also not logical.

Each one has to find himself the purpose of life as we are able to bounce back to the now [being in the now itself is like being in heaven], to introspect, to discriminate essence from details, to judge what is beneficial from what is wasteful, to cooperate and to adjust. For example, look at the sayings of Lao Tzu—what a profound wisdom which many religious leaders may have been influenced by. How did he get it? By himself. If he could discern truth thousands of years before, anyone can also do so at anytime, anywhere if he wants to.

• venus
    venus

Here is one out of hundreds of treasures from Lao Tzu:

"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit