How does mankind know what happen before we were created??

by James Mixon 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

For example, "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."A personal and vocal God said, "Let there be light."So God saw the light, and thought it good, but how did the priestly scribe know that He did? Did God tell him some trillions of years after the act? What bible character was told the creation story???

• waton
    waton

How do we know? fossils. stuff that has been around a long time, is durable, and looking at the other fossil, light. Yes, light, is a fossil, as old as 13 billion years, it carries the imprint of what it reflected off.

Everything we see , we see from the past, one way or another. fossils.

No, God did not tell them, otherwise they would not have copied mistakes like Gen. 1:1 asserting that the Earth was created in the Big Beginning. Or that a wooden ship could be build big enough to float in water that falls at a rate of meters per hour.

priests wrote to get the 10% phoney fee.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

but how did the priestly scribe know that He did?

Answer = because he or they made it up in the vein of expressive ancient mythology.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"priests wrote to get the 10% phoney fee", LOL.

Yes they made it up ,the priests are not revealers of truth but only keepers of traditions, and that the purpose of both the scribes and their translators was not to reveal the truth but to lay the basis of a theistic religion, based on the supernatural and terrifying.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its interesting in that we here today are still immersed and accepting to these mythological expressions which are now thousands of years old. .... ie. 7 days of the week

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

James Mixon, seems like you are only considering what people who believe in "Intelligent Design" (what a stretch!) and who are believes in the bible, consider, that is, what happened according to the bible God. However, as waton mention, and I'd like to add to, there's plenty of science that can trace a history of a lot of what happened (and formed) this wonderful planet we are in.

Remember that the bible was written at a time in humanity when humankind was the most naive about the world around it, so the explanations that they give are as good as the technology they had. Furthermore, for some reason people tend to forget that humans are as bad as they have been throughout their entire existence, hence, the same story tellers that we have today, we had back then.

The same way that we find people who tell stories, we did then.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes my question was for believers...

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Or even in the gospels, we somehow know what Satan said to Jesus while Jesus was fasting by himself for forty days. Did Jesus tell someone? Who did he tell?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is clearly alleged that God inspired Moses to write that, word-for-word.

So, when the narrative gets weird- like God-approved raping, murduring, pillaging, and long lists of silly rules like it is okay to beat your slave but only nearly to death- then that's all on God. Not on the men who actuallly wrote it all.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I think some have said the account was an inspiration of Moses. He takes credit for the first 5 books of the bible.

The movie "Noah" that came out a while ago suggested that he was inspired to write about the creation story. I believe the WT believes this version because they had an article about an ancient Genesis record being passed on from faithful person to faithful person. It's been a while since I read it. I'm not sure if they think Noah got the whole story downloaded into his brain. WT probably thinks it's more like this: Fallen Adam tells Seth. Assuming the creator had a 1on1 with Adam before the fall => Seth tells Enoch => Enoch tells Lamech => Lamech tells Noah => Noah tells Shem => Shem tells Abraham => Abraham tells Issac/Jacob => Jacob tells Levi => Levi has multiple offspring and it is passed on to Moses.

I'm probably missing some in between people. Enoch may have been dead before Lamech. I can't remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit