How many congs were you in

by hippikon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

I'm now in my fourth. The second one I attended, when I was in my late teens and twenties was the most hard-line and ultra-conservative of them all, but at the time I just accepted it. If I was in that congregation now, I think I would be having a nervous breakdown right now. Half the congregation were ravenous spiteful gossips and the other half were fruit loops and the body of Elders consisted of Brother Hitler, Brother Mussolini, Brother Polpot and Brother Amin.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

m) The Matriach - an elder's wife who pulls the strings in the marriage and by extension the congregation

n) The Horndog - a perpetual bachelor who falls madly in love with every visting sister, (and eventually marries the first one who responds favourably)

o) The Colonel - an old, mostly deaf elder who runs the congregation like a regiment and never tires of telling war stories

p) The Supermodels - teenage girls who dress to kill at assemblies and wander the corridors in aloof groups, checking out...

q) The Poseurs - their male counterparts, who always have a well-cut suit, a snazzy waistcoat and just maybe a trendy goatee

r) The Uberanointed - a member of the "remnant" who's about 107 and is held in awe by the rest of the congregation for the serene spirituality they exude.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

s) bro and sis memorial (an old couple who pop up at every memorial but mysteriously vanish for the rest of the year (~vauge rumours and murmers that "they're old Russellites"~)

t) sister latex (bounces in and out of the truth like a teenager on a double bed :)

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

3 in my whole life

We Were in Tierrasanta (fomerly Allied Gardens) from the time I was born til 11 Then from 11-14 I went to Kensington 14-21 I went to Tierrasanta and then We moved to Central when we got married and left about 6 months later.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

u) Brother chewing gum

v) Sister Grannydress (a young sister who hid her charms behind glasses, long hair and a really long dress - usually a bookworm and highly intelligent .. sigh)

w) Harry high pants

x) Larry low pants (bum crack is sooo aluring)

sister grannydress where are you now?

• LB
    LB

I was in one congregation too many, for a total of one congregation. It was Shady Cove Oregon.

A couple of them visit this board to spy on each other. It's funny. Hi kids, remember me? LOL

• Gollum
    Gollum

Ten for me, all pretty much up and down the West coast of the US.

I eventually got real good at sniffing out which ones I could deal with, and generally found if I moved into the more "urban sophisticate" neighboorhood of a city my life was considerably easier. Didn't always pan out, especially when I moved to central Oregon, but all in all, there were only a couple halls that I was in that were completly dysfunctional, as opposed to normal, everyday dysfunctional.

• freedom96
    freedom96

1st one: 18 years

2nd one: 3 years

3rd one: 2 years

4th one: 2 years

Since then?? Freedom!

• blondie
    blondie

47 years---15 congregations

There is nothing new under the sun.

Blondie