How many congs were you in

by hippikon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

I'm a little interested in the mobility of JW's.

I was in for about 20 years - the first 10years was in the same cong then over the next 10 years, 9 diferent congs. They were all unique in how they applied the talmud Watchtower Law. I explained that to myself as diferent congs have diferent personalities but as I saw more and more "Bad Stuff" can to understand there was no "God" in "Gods Organisation"

All the congs seemed to have one of the following

a) A fruit loop - A raving nutter (Lager congs may have two or three - In retrospect most congs consisted of 80% intelectial cripples)

b) A hittler - Thou shalt obey

c) A Sherif - Keeps the peace but always shoots before he thinks

d) A Gossip - Would walk on broken glass for a spicy tale

e) A Movie Star - Perfectly groomed only mixed with the upper crust

f) A Mock Scientist / Inelectual - Had once subscribed to Scientific American and knew everything

g) An Encyclopeadia - Could quote watchtowers from 30 years ago by page and paragraph

Please compare notes and add to the list

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'd attended 5 congregations in the first 39+ years of my life; and 0 since. I was only in the last one for about 2 years before I ran into elders type b) and c), and I was x)-ed out of there!!

To add to your list of "types" you'll find in each congregation:

h) Joe Wannabe -- He never seems to get more responsibility than the "magazine servant assistant", and he tries hard to impress the circuit overseer during each visit. But his personality or something else is holding him back from what he most wants to be -- a ministerial servant!!

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

we were in one in North Dakota for 4 years and then Nebraska for 8, with age comes wisdom. we're OUT

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

North Unit/Bensenville/Addison/Villa Park/Elk Grove Village/Glen Ellyn/Wheaton/Carol Stream/Elgin/Naperville

I think I am missing one....

We went to North Unit in Chicago for about 5 years....moved to the burbs and started in Bensenville. Over a 3 year period we went to 8 different KHs. It did make going out in field service easier....I was not going to see HS friends at these other halls. They are all suburbs around Chicago, however, the school districts were set in stone. (I guess I was kinda lucky)

After they DFd my immediate family (I was the only one not DFd), my mother drifted cong to cong looking for one that was not like all the rest.

She is back to Addison...same people she tried to escape.

Your descriptions are all correct.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Just one is too many!!!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I was in one congregation in Massachusetts from the time of my baptism in 1969 until 1975. Then another from 1975-1979. I got married in 1978, and for the first year of marriage, we went to my congregation, but then my (now ex-)wife got homesick, so we moved to her old congregation. I wasn't doing well there because of all my "doubts," and we were only in that congregation from 1979 to 1983; then we switched to the other congregation that was using the same Kingdom Hall. We stayed there until 1999 (though I had gone inactive in 1995), at which time we moved to Connecticut due to my job situation. She joined the new congregation in our new area. I assume that my publisher's card was transferred there, too, though I never checked to be sure, and was never active there. I did attend a few meetings and the Memorial there. After one year there, she moved out, we got divorced, and she eventually went back to the area she was originally from. I remarried and moved to New Jersey, and have never so much as driven into the parking lot of a Kingdom Hall here.

So, I was active in 4 congregations over about 25 years. Then inactive but still "in" in some sense for about 5 more years, and involving one more congregation.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Does the splitting of a congregation count as one or two? Well, it doesn't really matter, because as the previous post said, one is too many!

TresHappy

of the "Thank God I am not in any JW congregation" class

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

My list went as follows

Aguadilla English - Puerto Rico

Fair Oaks - Georgia

Wichita West - Kansas

North Spanish - Kansas

Wichita West - Kansas

Prarie Park - Kansas

These were all within the 15 years I was a JW

Kansas District Overbeer

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Probably about 20. I was the sherrif, always being assigned somewhere to put some in jail!!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL at Hippi and Omah Sherif (you were a very bad man ozzie! lol)

Treshappy - splitting counts as two (all congregations split - like bacteria in a dish :)

Prospect - South Australia

Whyalla - South australia

Edithburg - South Australia.

Port Moresby - PNG

Fulham Gardens - South Australia

Elizabeth Vale - South Australia.

Dundas - New South Wales

Does 3 weeks in Nuriootpa count?

===

some more?:

H) Brother Touchy Feely Slimeball (ask any sister)

I) Brother Happy Pants

J) Sister Loselegs (i shoulda paid her more attention!)

K) Brother Slinky (usually an Elders bum buddy)

L) Sister High Nose (usually married to brother red/brown nose)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit