We're Coming After You, Watchtower

by Farkel 42 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Farkel
    Farkel

That's ok, WH. Write me and we'll stay in touch, ok?

Stuff changes. I can't keep up with that stuff!

Farkel
    Codger Class

• zev
    zev

farkel,

thank you for providing us with this information. it is really horrible what jw's will do to their children in divorce. using them like this is terrible. divorce is hard enough on children. jw's take it further in "theocratic warfare" and use their children as "soliders" in the "fight". what the watchtower has done to familys, people and children is horrendous.

to this person who asked:

Anyone have a scan of the August 2002 KM that says ALL non witness family members should be shunned?

you may see the scan in a link on this page:

http://hometown.aol.com/haroldev3

Gwen and I went to the meetings this article was discussed in and captured the audio from it and posted on the site.

Farkel, you may find the audio useful in this case, because you really catch the essence of not whats written, but whats "said". How they ensnare their followers not always with written "laws" but spoken ones. maybe this can be used in the case if the WBTS try to LIE in court and deny that they teach not even to as much as speak a greeting to any disfellowshipped or disassociated family members or relatives unless absoulutely neccessary so as not to become "a sharer in their wicked deeds". The examples of when it may be "neccessary" to speak a greeting to df'd or da'd relatives is the death of a relative, or the reading of a will after the death of the relative. If this will be of any help in the woman's case against this woman's suit against the WBTS to protect her children, please pass it onto her if you have contact with her.

harold and gwen

• rebel
    rebel

What I find so awful about this whole case is the way it makes me feel like a slug that crawled out from under a stone.

When I was first baptised, I thought those who were DF'd or DA'd were demonised in some way. I was so completely brainwashed it really makes me sick to the stomach. How could I have ignored them?

Eventually I came to my senses and could not go on ignoring people who had done me no harm and who were probably better people than I was. I started talking to the DF'd ones who were relegated to the back of the hall. I was hauled into the back room on numerous occasions for "acting inappropriately" and for "being presumptuous" because I always chatted with DF'd ones. One poor lady had been through hell and back and was only DF'd because the elders in her own cong were biased, uncaring and unchristian. I was told that my behaviour was holding my husband back from 'reaching out'.

Now I hardly ever go. They have treated so many people so badly, including my own family and friends. I am thoroughly ashamed of myself for ever thinking I had the right to shun another decent human being. I hope the ones I shunned can forgive me - I can't.

This whole organisation stinks to high heaven and I am sorry I was ever a part of it.

xxR

• sf
    sf

So many families living this Onion Lie. And here, another one. Truly just as evil in nature as the all the others. Not to be minimized in any way. We don't operate that way.

When I (we) read and hear these cases, (in yahoo chatrooms too WH), that the shunning policy is still wrecking havoc in these peoples lives and that off their children, that we may very well have taken on a WildBeast, bigger than any of us ever imagined.

Now, imagine this policy abolished! Jws are allowed 'out in this world'. Can you say 'mass chaos'? Then we would be able to freely communicate with them as well, without the ramifications so many of them f.e.a.r. I don't ever see that happening!! It would dismantle the entire Enterprise! It would slowly crumble. Charitable donations are at high risk if this policy is turned upside down. WTBTS and US Govt. WON'T let this occur. US needs WTBTS 'donations'.

[[ B. They are learning that children like themselves are not to be treated as

people with needs and rights of their own, but used as tools and weapons in the quest for power and profit by adults. ]]

Yes, and 'B.' stands for birth and for bully. From the Gate, we are at their mercy. We are born into unforseen circumstances beyond our control in any way, until we reach an age that we can 'fly' on our own. Until then, we are shaped, molded, dictated to, manipulated, LIED TO REPEATEDLY thruout childhood, made to eat things for our 'health' (yea, as if that was the real concern), etc. Yes, etc!! Parents are bullies too. I cop to it with my own son!!

I 'bullied' him right out of my life. Cause I could. I was 'the boss of him' after all. I could do with him as I pleased. And I did.

I have a close friend going gthru this type of chaos in her family life, with her kids and her bully of a husband. They aren't jws. Yet the Battle is still the same:

"Worship, breath, eat, krap, sleep, think, feel, as I do or cease existance in MY life as YOU KNOW (knew) IT. Meaning:

You are a lesser in my eyes until I deem it fit to dub you otherwise.

This is the way we treat ALL CHILDREN, as the bullies we are as adults. We may not hit them, molest them, tell them they are worthless to their faces, yet we still know exactly who is 'boss', now don't we?! We bully them through our words, manipulations and lies.

This entire world is based on lies. Fabrications. Sugar-coating. Even purposefully removing the 'light bulbs' in our kids mindsEYE. Sex abuse is horrible yes. Emotional and mental and spiritual rape are worse!! Yet they are the most minimized abuses of all. We are so concerned about the 'health' of our kids BODIES, yet their mental, emotional and spiritual health is the most overlooked and sometimes abandoned 'Health' of all. Those are what keeps the BODY 'ticking'. Yet....

~sigh~minimus, it may never topple the way we envision (i'd be arrested if i shared my vision) yet...

the nations shall know what the organization was, is and will be for those who are about to embark on a journey down that long, pothole-riddled road. This is a 'field'goal we intend to kick out of the damn assembly stadiums!

sKally, tightend klass

THAT is what breaks MY heart.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Farkel,

This topic really hit home.

I wish we could unite and form a monetary fund to help at least one case to be taken over to the Supreme Court. This destroying of families due to shunning is long overdue for a legal battle that will expose them as the money grabbing hypocrites they are at the top levels.

They justify themselves by saying that Christ came to set up father against son, but they forget about the Commandment "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

As far as I know, shunning your father or mother at the command of others is no way to honor your parents.

and Deut 27: 16 "Cursed is the man who dishonors his father or his mother." Then all the people shall say, "Amen!"

I went through a legal custody battle that left me penniless. It would have helped if there was a precedent on the books. Most damaging was the Attorney ad litem who believed all my ex relatives and friends. The court just refused to believe that this shunning takes place. They of course change their stories in court.

I did learn one thing and that is to add to my repertoire tapes of what is said in the assemblies and meetings.

Thanks for the post.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I feel physically ill reading this.

It's one thing to warp the mind of an adult, but to use the mind of an innocent like this is evil. No, it's beyond evil as are the people involved.

• Farkel
    Farkel

refiners fire,

That link is a great help. Thanks so much for letting me know about it.

Farkel

• zev
    zev

farkel, your very welcome. glad it can be of some help.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

That is really very sad. I hope she wins.

A couple of months ago, cult counselor Steve Hassan took an interest in this case and I believe has been in touch with this woman. A few years ago he testifed as an expert witness in a similar case (Kendall v. Kendall) involving another religion/cult. The father was a member of the Int'l Church of Christ and was telling their 2 children the mother was going to hell. The case went up to the Massachusetts Supreme Court and the decision went in favor of protecting the children from psychological harm. The judge ruled the father's freedom of religion did not give him the freedom to inflict psychological harm on his children. The wife won custody and he wasn't allowed to prosletyze to them or bring them to any cult activities.

Maybe the court system is finally waking up to these issues.

• Farkel
    Farkel

zev,

Sorry for confusing you with refiners fire. Please excuse it on the basis of "senile dementia."

If you don't like that pathetic excuse, I have OTHER pathetic excuses!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit