Even with recent changes it’s a struggle to get people to attend

by hoser 48 Replies latest jw friends

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

Yeah, I'm skeptical about all the empty halls also. Maybe in some places but not in others. The hall by me seems to have a full parking lot when I drive by. They did get rid of one of the old buildings in the area but they still have a few congregations they just meet in one hall. That seems like a good move honestly.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

You can check the box by just staying home and saying a prayer for an ex-jw.

• a watcher
    a watcher

My double Hall has 5 congregations meeting there and a COs residence. Our parking lot overflows and some of us have to park on the street. We're packed!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sad to hear it A Watcher. How many KHs were sold to pack 5 congregations into one venue?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yeah, just sounds to me like the Org’s little temporary stopgap tactic of (over)consolidating halls to give the surface impression of higher growth/attendance is kinda working in this instance.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

The thing is ... all the changes that are blowing our minds at the moment ... mean nothing to people in the world.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

That’s OK.

Means something to us, and that’s enough.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You can just check the box for doing nothing & saying that you did something.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Carla, the local Kingdom Hall carpark was full on the Tuesday night I went past it. Anecdotally, I don't see any dying WT. The literature trolley is still manned in town on most days.

That doesn't mean that some areas aren't going downhill. I suppose it's all in the long game.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Who knows why parking is full. Maeby some event nearby and people used kingdom hall parking. Family used both cars. Congregation merged. Annual report said its was -1 increase in the USA. So you have in black and white things are bad for Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit