Even with recent changes it’s a struggle to get people to attend

by hoser 48 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

The Kingdom Hall is still empty. Even with amalgamation of 2 congregations.

The elders are handling the microphones and there was only one comment from zoom at the watchtower.

And every man under 60 years old has a beard.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for the good report. I'm hoping for similar hemorrhaging stats across the board.

• hoser
    hoser

The public speaker even acknowledged that with all the recent changes it’s hard for the brothers to adjust.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is one exemplary brother who has adjusted.

This was posted on another thread but I thought it worth replication.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Thanks for the good report. - Vanderhoven7

"As cold water upon a tired soul, so is a good report from a distant land." - Proverbs 25:25 NWT Revised 1984

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Of course beards are not going to make 'Jehovah's Witnesses' more attractive.

Just as the move for the congregations to look more modern by requiring publishers to bring ipads to the meetings didn't do anything, wearing suits, beards or bathers isn't going to make any difference to worldly people either. In actual fact, it might be more off putting, for a newly interested person to visit a meeting for the first time, only to see a confused bunch of tablet holding Mennonites.

Has beard wearing Jehovah's Witnesses cracked the news cycle yet?

No ... it just another non even.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Wait…

…we can stay home, not have to knock on doors, not count time…

and grow facial hair???”

😏

All the extra-Biblical requirements were a big part of how they distinguished themselves from “The World”.

Dumping so much so fast suggests more reform attempts may be on the way, but also smacks of quiet desperation.

• Elena
    Elena

I think all the huge changes are a desperate attempt to stop the haemorrhaging.

The wish the zoom can of worms was never opened but they had to for covid. Now they can’t take it away for the genuine old and infirm, but what if someone simply says they are too ill and needs to stay on zoom?

All KHs are so empty these days and the GB are in panic mode. They are desperate to think of something try anything but latest attempts have made it even worse.

I heard a young person in a congregation said “I don’t like that guy” when Steve Lett came on with the beard new light. His mother said “you can’t say that he is a member of the GB”

but it sums up what young people think and once the older ones die off there won’t be many left

• carla
    carla

I don't understand, you guys (ex jw's) here and elsewhere keep talking about how empty the kh's are so I decided to drive by the one my jw goes to a number of months ago and the place was packed! aagh! what gives?

Maybe each vehicle only had one person in it? I dunno, it was pretty depressing to see after all the good reports of empty kh's.

Hope springs eternal I guess.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

A recent 2 day convention I heard about had an attendance of 500 on the Saturday. The person attending commented about how empty the assembly hall looked. When I was attending it was around the 1000 mark. To be fair, it was at the worst time ever. On a one long weekend. Guess people preferred to be at the lake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit