The difference between a JW and an IDIOT

by Focus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

No,

What I am saying is that we were not idiots and we didn't know it was idiocy at the time. We were bright people caught in a belief system that made sense to us at the time. I think we should feel pity, not scorn for JWs.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Very true larc. Although there were times as a JW I did feel like an idiot.

• 7robert7
    7robert7

Titus 3:2 They must not speak evil of anyone, and they must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone. (Simple)

Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled by others and became slaves to many wicked desires and evil pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy. We hated others, and they hated us.

But then God our Saviour showed us His kindness and love. He saved us,
    not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit.

Gods word speaks truth to those who believe. As for those who dont believe, feel free to continue to hate everyone, just dont call yourself a christian, cuz it means something to ME.

I have a wife still under the Societies spell, and her seeing these kind of things makes her feel all special, persecution seems to be a real high for the Societies followers.

Dont the people that come out of an experience like the Society have any remorse for those that got left behind.

And heres something to think about, how many of those "idiots" did you bring INTO the club that got left behind?

Pretty harsh, that thing they call accountability. Seems no one ever escapes being held accountable.

• larc
    larc

Robert,

Thank you for some further thoughts as to how we should think about this situation. I hope someday you will be able to bring your wife out. I know it must be very difficult for you.

Scorpian,

I was raised as a Witness. I did not feel embarrassed as a child for being one, as some have expressed. I did not get baptized because of social pressure, as some have stated here. I did so willingly. I never did feel like an idiot when I was a Jehohah's Witness. Obviously, I do not think the same way as I did then, but I can understand those who do. If you really think about it, I think you can too.

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hi Focus

If I apostasised from idiocy, would all my idiot friends stop talking to me?

Duhhhh - ncan.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Marilyn: Jw's can be (but not necessarily) very bright on any other subject but religion.

Oh, really? If I try engaging them in conversation in all my areas of interest what sort of intelligent conversation do you think I get? My hobbies and interests are: politics, the internet and my university studies! :)

The JW who built our kids' cubby (club)house said that since Jesus was the "perfect man", what sort of a carpenter would he have been!!! If all he gets from the life of Jesus is perfect carpentry, you've got to wonder what planet he's from!

• nojw86
    nojw86

the idiot is smart enough not to become a jw, hehehe ......nojw

• think41self
    think41self

Focus, verrrrry funny:):)

To some who have posted reminders to us that we once used to be JW's so should remember and feel compassion: I agree, I think most here do also.

But never forget that laughing at something that used to control you, or inspire fear in you, is a healthy way to overcome the power it used to have over you.

Remember when you were a child, and had a nightmare? Maybe it was a big lizard that stomped on cities and ate people! It terrified you, right? Now that you are an adult, you laugh at the "idea" of the big lizard, because it has no power over you now. Does that mean that if your child came to you crying over their own nightmare, that you would laugh at them? ABSOLUTELY NOT. The same is true with us and our memories of the WTBTS.

If a JW or exJW came to me with fears or concerns, I would lovingly listen and offer kind suggestions, never would I laugh at their fears!
    Remember, we all used to have those fears, too. But that doesn't mean that now, in our "recovery", that we cannot laugh at the "idea of a giant lizard", or giant organization! It is what keeps us sane and healthy.:>

think41self

• Focus
    Focus

Newbie 7robert7 said:

Pretty harsh, that thing they call accountability. Seems no one ever escapes being held accountable.

Except the Governing Body and its tools?

nojw86 said:

The difference between a JW and an IDIOT
    the idiot is smart enough not to become a jw

[X] You have understood.

--
    Focus
    (Kindness Class)

• Kismet
    Kismet

The difference between a JW and an IDIOT????

A JW didn't ask this question.

Kismet - who'll take a shot at an open net any day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit