My Bible Study Conductor's Letter to Me

by ohnightdivine 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Recently, I wrote a sister, my Bible study conductor, an email just telling her that I thought of her, and I thanked her for being a part of some milestones in my life many many years ago.

(For those who are reading my post for the first time, I was a very impressionable teenager at that time and I had the chance to live in their country for a while, spent much time with her, got to know her way of living, and essentially she became my life's mentor. Closer to me than family. Closer to me than my own blood sister. Essentially, in the transition process from a young teenager studying, to living abroad for the first time, studying the Bible and attending meetings there for the first time, and then eventually joining the workforce all while receiving moral support from her - those are milestones for me.)

I don't know if I should be sharing this letter because I still cherish her as a person and I want to keep her words only to my memory, but since I read this letter, I somehow started shunning her from my life as well because I felt that there was no more reason to continue my perceived friendship with her. I can see her JW persona permeating her wholeness, if this is the correct expression to use.

(Early this morning I had an extremely vivid dream of her coming over for a visit, and there she was, apparently awakened to the truth about the truth. I still miss her terribly.)

So here is a translation of her letter:

It's been a long time since I wrote an email. Thank you for your unchanging heart towards me.

I wonder what milestone you were talking about that you experienced because of me.

If it were not for Jehovah and the truth, would we even have the chance to meet?

If it were not for Jehovah's help and love, our friendship would have already ended, wouldn't it?

I hope that your life becomes full of thanks and praise to him.

But, how come I don't remember hearing those expressions from you..?

Is it because of my bad memory? Or you thought that the gratefulness that you've felt towards him would sound 'trivial' to me that's why you didn't share it?

I think would be very happy if I heard those words from you...

As long as you keep walking this path with Jehovah with a joyful heart, our friendship will not change, yes?

Let's become close friends encouraging each other!

Please let me know your thoughts..

Thank you.

OND

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

My sincere apologies but I'm allergic to bullsh**.

And her letter is full of Jahbulon a.k.a. Jehovah and troof bullsh**.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

You want my honest opinion? She sounds creepy and manipulative as hell.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

So I was not mistaken to really feel that the letter was manipulative. That was my last straw...

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

No, you're spot on. She tries to shame you and tell you what to do but subtly, by implication.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Her friendship with you is conditional ,you remain a JW or she doesn`t want to know you .

That should be all you need to know .

You are a much better person because you could be still friends with her knowing she is a JW however she can`t be friends anymore with you because you are no longer a JW .

Emotional blackmail

Controlling

manipulative

Your better off putting it down to one of life`s experiences and moving on with your own life..

Take care .

• zeb
    zeb

quote: "our friendship will not change, yes?.."

to me says it all.

It reads like letters from my mother all full of the party line and attempts at emotional blackmail. I found some of these in doing some sorting out recently and i shredded them, suggest you do the same.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Laced with GUILT.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I've known her for more than half of my life... and boom. It just went like that.

Thanks everyone for your honest feedback.

OND

• Giordano
    Giordano

She sounds like the kind of person who needs to hear that you are keeping the faith ....... at least her standards of faith.

If it were not for Jehovah and the truth, would we even have the chance to meet?

Maybe so if she was active in Field service.

A presumption that you can walk with Jehovah is the onset of delusion. I know it's a figure of speech amid this hopeless ever adjusting religion. However walking with Jesus would have been more appropriate. Putting one's feet on the dusty roads, hearing him preach, heal and debate would mean something practical in your every day life. There are four gospels and additional commentary about the life of Jesus that would allow you to be able to actually mentally walk with this person. Jehovah...not so much.

I have always thought it strange that a part from a scripture or two Jesus in the JW world is limited to the end of a prayer, 'In the name of Jesus.......'

What I notice from my 7th decade is that a lot of past friends are locked into their JW generation's belief. Those small twists and turns in their dogma that may have passed on........ morphing into new light. Yet many hold on to a comfortable old light....it still shines bright enough for them.

As long as you keep walking this path with Jehovah with a joyful heart, our friendship will not change, yes?
    Let's become close friends encouraging each other!

The cost of remaining friends is clearly on the table.

Encouraging each other to do what? Encouraging each other to hold on to a delusion.

There is an old saying from Rumi, a Persian poet and Sufi master born in 1207

"Silence is the natural language of God all else is a poor translation".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit