Why is the watchtower tight fisted

by pepperheart 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Why when i can get many books and magazines sent through the post from many other cults does the watchtower make a big fuss about a little 16 page magazine

• sir82
    sir82

Don't quite follow this.

If you want 1, 10, or 100 copies of the latest Watchtower (god only knows why), all you have to do is go up to one of the apathy carts and take them.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Never thought of that before. You'd think they'd be fairly generous since they have "Jehovah the mighty bank manger" to bail them out, why the need to be so ruddy miserly???

• steve2
    steve2

I think pepperheart means that JW organization does not have a literature mail-out service for individuals. JW org invites you to leave your name and address so it can arrange for local JWs to visit. Remember when you could have a Watchtower and/or Awake subscription - and even offer them to householders? That stopped decades ago.

Besides, you can now download the literature - so why would anyone want “magazines” mailed to them?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Sir82

Things have changed on the trolleys they are very careful about giving out magazines and any books they might have.these days.

• zeb
    zeb

Possibly.

• Publications have featured in inquiries where the wt is highly embarrassed by what they have said.
    • Multi million dollar payouts when court cases go against wt are stripping funds out of their coffers.

I suggest that in the future they will cease publication totally. Its much easier to deny 'we ever said that' when there is no printed record.

I have a gut feeling that meetings will be cut back for the same reasons.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Watchtower was accustomed to making money from most literature placements, so the thought of free mail-outs is just too much for them.

They are probably right in that mail-outs won't lead to much money.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Televangelists like Jimmy Swaggart or Joyce Meyer have no problem selling religious literature ,CD`s ,Bibles and Bible Aids of all sorts and still make a good profit and income .

They have no problem paying taxes on what they sell ,their still making money from it all .

The G.B.of J.W.`s will come around one day and do the same just like they did with ATM`s in K.H.`s which they at first ridiculed Christendom for doing.

• alanv
    alanv

I think to be fare to them, most free magazines have adverts to help pay for them. Watchtower dont do that.

• Della Street
    Della Street

Just download it from the website. Print out as many copies as you want. Why should they mail it to you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit