Were You One Of Those That Was Always Looking For The Perfect Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Matty
    Matty

The November 2002 Kingdom Ministry Question Box was very subtle in the way it was worded. I think that it was prepared because the CO's have reported back that these move-arounds are occurring a great deal more recently than they have before.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I didn't do the 'switch congregations' bit, but my mom - and other siblings still living at home do.

It's kinda humorous to listen to them when I used to visit them talking about the latest KH they were attending, and how things were so 'spiritual' there... not like the one that they had just left.

I often wondered - since there are something like 25 to 30 English congs in this city... how long it would take them to make the circuit - and start over. I never did do the math on that... as I decided it wasn't important enough to spend my time on.

But it IS funny. They would go on and on and on - praising this or that person and how much better things were at the NEW KH they were attending.

It amazes me how that some folks refuse to see the real reasons that they are restless - and acknowledge them - and QUIT the borg.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Brummie
    Brummie
    and I have heard this approach too in some areas – but this is very localised, it very much depends on the local bodies of Elders.

Matty, I'm glad you pointed that out, having only attended one strict Kingdom Hall most of my years (where even a hint made by the society was considered gospel and put into practice), I often fall back into the mindset that ALL Kingdom halls have the same policy and practise accordingly. Thanks for that photocopy too, it mentions a question box from a May 1991 article, would you have access to what that says?

Jim_TX Didnt I used to chat with you sometimes in Larry's Watchtower review a couple of years ago? I was Pete107

Brummie

• Matty
    Matty
    it mentions a question box from a May 1991 article, would you have access to what that says?

Yes, here it is below...

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks Matty, that is one of the articles I remember, I think there were others and I'm slightly suspicious that the elders also got a letter encouraging them to enforce this...could be wrong. Its just that they came down so heavy on people attending other KH's outside of their area.

"by working submissively" ...in other words if you didnt follow these guidelines you were not being submissive. No wonder the elders in our fanaticle KH enforced this.

brummie

• minimus
    minimus

I really thought that with the new arrangement for Book Study OVERSEER that the overseers would be on our backs more. Not so, in our congregation. We haven't been bothered(I mean, shepherded) yet. If someone lives closer in the territory, I could see more pop up visits. I'm glad I'm way out of the territory! But the spirit of the Society's direction is that you MUST follow orders or you are rebellious and uncooperative.

• sisteract
    sisteract

Hey Minimus do you still attend meetings? and are you a "publisher"? I'm asking because of your last post about the bookstudy overseers not "getting on your back" for not attending the congregation where you live.

sisteract

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I was a wanderer for awhile too back in the late 80's early 90's. I would visit halls that were out of the immediate area, and halls which I was positive I would be a total stranger. I would always leave during the song and never talk to anyone. Towards the end, I started treating my assigned hall the same way. I would arrive very late (20-30 min), sit in the back row, never comment or talk to anyone and leave during the song.

When it gets like that, it's a signal and its time to just leave.

• minimus
    minimus

Leaving the Hall before the meeting ends and getting to the meeting after it starts is a sure way to signal you want out. I blame it on my work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit