Were You One Of Those That Was Always Looking For The Perfect Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, not deliberately, but when I moved, or was visiting JW friends - I could certainly tell the difference between one congregation and another.

Some were perhaps shall we say: more enthusiastic.

I was aware of the problem back in the early 80s when they discussed this at meetings and assemblies. But I still remember certain brothers and sisters from a congregation a little ways away attending our Kingdom Hall. I remember they commented upon the 'lack of love' at the other KH. I was really surprised to hear this.

Ironically enough, I noticed not too many people associated with them, and well...I think they were trying out another congregation before I moved away.

As for me, I must admit, there were congregations I liked better than the one I was at, but I stayed put.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Mattnoel Yeah Ouch a book..that Riz is so mean...

I think Min thinks we are are trying to hijack his thread..... And ya know I couldn't give a flyin f@#k .

I'm thinking Minimus is actually a reporter posing as an undercover JW to obtain information to expose the Real JW'S

........What the hell am I saying.......Min. where, why. whom, whatever questions can we subject ourselves to us next. anything to help the cause

• minimus
    minimus

I was never in the correct Kingdom Hall but the CO's used to say that because "there was a need", I was where I should be. My latest Hall had more people OUT of the territory than in. Nobody really minded unless they were considered "deadbeats". Then, they would be counseled to follow the Society's direction about living in their own territory. Hey X, I thought I answered those questions last week.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Nobody really minded unless they were considered "deadbeats". Then, they would be counseled to follow the Society's direction adout living in their own territory.

I was a poineering regulary when it was said to me.

Ah well we had 4 kingdom halls within a 3 mile distance of eachother so there wasnt "a need" for anyone to be going to another regardless of their circumstances.

BTW there was a Kingdom Ministry in the early 90's (Or maybe it was a letter to the elders..I forget) that caused all Kingdom Halls to be sectioned and given a particlular map for the area, anyone living in the area sectioned to each Kingdom Hall HAD to attend that kingdom hall. This caused a few problems in the KH I used to go to, people who had attended for years had to move on, a lot of grumbling.

Brummie

• minimus
    minimus

As I recall, they were supposed to go in the territory that they lived in UNLESS "there was a need". That meant that if everyone liked you, you could stay put. If you wanted to be with elder family or friends, an allowance could be made.

• Nordic
    Nordic

HI M&M

I am glad that your M&M are not moving anymore, it was so annoying.

Nordic

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Nordic, nice to see your positivity again.

• Matty
    Matty

Brummie mentioned that his congregation's Elders simply wouldn't allow him to transfer to another congregation when he wanted to – and I have heard this approach too in some areas – but this is very localised, it very much depends on the local bodies of Elders.

I have known mass-evacuations of people to other congregations when there is a "difficult" Elder. I know of one congregation in London where there are around 50 publishers, but around 130ish brothers and sisters live within the territory. This is simply because the Presiding Overseer is a deceitful arrogant asshole, and one by one he has driven all the kind-hearted ones out, just leaving his own toadies and sycophants. Virtually everyone knows it, but he manages to charm the pants off the CO and the DO and always gets away with his power games.

Minimus, what you say is very familiar to me. Elders are often asked to attend other congregations by the Circuit Overseer as in some areas there simply aren't enough brothers "reaching out" and they need a helping hand. They in turn eventually move to the territory of the congregation they are assigned to. This doesn't necessarily happen just with Ministerial Training School graduates, lots of Elders and Ministerial Servants move to different areas because they are asked. An ambitious brother would always say yes to a Circuit Overseer, it's God's will isn't it? The reason I live where I do right now was because the "need was great" and my father was recommended to move here.

At the moment I can tell you that I don't actually live in the territory of the congregation myself and my family attend, but I'm very glad of this. The congregation that covers the territory I live in is very hard-line but the congregation I attend is more hands-off. As I am in the process of a fade I would simply not get away with slackening off to the extent I have if I attended that congregation, I would be hassled by the elders all the time.

• minimus
    minimus

Ambitious brothers did enjoy saying, "The Circuit Overseer asked me to help out, where the need is greater." Those were the ones that always got special privileges in the congregation and in the circuit.If the CO really did send a brother into a Hall, they had carte blanche and could stir up any trouble that they would want. The result was that oftentimes, many left the congregation for greener pastures.

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, it certainly gave my dad a bit of kudos for a while. My dad is never a troublemaker in the hall though - he's a complete softie and everybody loves him. He's only an asshole at home!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit