February 2018 Watchtower - Addressing abuse Victims

by Listener 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    Jehovah loves us and knows when we suffer injustice. He feels our pain more keenly than a mother feels the suffering of her baby. (Isa. 49:15) Although he may not intervene immediately, in due time he will hold unrepentant wrongdoers to account for the way they have treated others.

So Jah feels our pain more than a mother, but he won't intervene right away. Really?? Most mothers would respond immediately to a child in pain, not wait it out until the right time. I call BS on that statement.

• blondie
    blondie

My mother was conveniently blind to our sexual abuse by my father; many mothers are.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That Awake article is just another example of the GB speaking out of both sides of their mouth or another way of putting it is They speak with a forked tongue.

• steve2
    steve2

The article compares the neglectful child abuse practices of ancient worldly nations with the superior child-protective practices of God’s chosen people. In this sharply judgemental context, the article completely sidesteps the blindingly obvious: today it is worldly nations who are improving child-protections while God’s so-called chosen people place greater emphasis on keeping men safe from hard-to-prove allegations of child abuse.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    today it is worldly nations who are improving child-protections while God’s so-called chosen people place greater emphasis on keeping men safe from hard-to-prove allegations of child abuse.

Steve2...you hit the nail right on the head!

• Half banana
    Half banana

What can you expect from a cult? Cult imperatives ignore common sense, they ignore reason and they ignore the need for personal development, they ignore human nature except knowing how to prey on the weak and gullible and how to keep them there.

The Watchtower religion from start to finish (and we hope it will finish soon) has had its head in the clouds and its feet off the ground.

JW org is implacably committed to an Iron Age notion of abject obedience to a totemic god as the magic key to success in life. This is a profoundly wrong dictum for the twenty first century because it ignores the individual.

As the Watchtower response to sexual abuse in its ranks has shown, it is never driven by compassion or consideration for its individual members. For those who have suffered abuse there is a crying need for serious psychological help--but could they care?

Only now where its failed behaviour is exposed by the force of modern rational methods of social welfare does the Watchtower claim that all along their creepy god cares for those who are abused. As others have pointed out the Watchtower's saccharine words of comfort are not only too late in coming but they are also insincere.

Bible literature, like cult doctrines everywhere, are about power and maintaining power; children and women were mere possessions according to the Bible, to be treated as such by patriarchal whim. The Bible condoned rape under certain circumstances and abuse by power-- the more compassionate world today no longer tolerates such outrages.

It seems to me that everything about the JW religion is wrong headed, it is out of date, it presents a false front and is run by uncaring, self-interested, ideologically driven charlatans in the name of God. The time has come for the world to get the low down on JW leadership to the end that it should permanently cease its grubby business.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HALF BANANA:

I totally agree with your post and it is high time for the world to get the lowdown on the JW religion! That’s why I’m glad for TV shows that are exposing them.👍🏻

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    alecholmes - "...Ted Jaracz’s orders not to print the April 8, 1992 Awake!..."

As far as I'm concerned, this tells me all I need to know about the man.

Historically, when authoritarian leaders want necessary information to be suppressed, it's because said information is personally damaging to them.

• LV101
    LV101

They know they'd lose too many faithful members if they cracked down on the sexual abuse -- they want it to remain their bunkers of farm-animal, male, brutal sexual behavior and horror treatment of women haven.

I hope they're exposed daily for the corrupt, degenerate, demoralizing, thug, organization they are!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LV101 - "They know they'd lose too many faithful members if they cracked down on the sexual abuse..."

...and therefore run too low on "qualified brothers" willing and able to administer the Org at the congregation level.

Why else do you think they're steadily transitioning into a "e-religion"?

This way, they won't need as many grassroots administrators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit