February 2018 Watchtower - Addressing abuse Victims

by Listener 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ stillin - The comprehensive solution to the problem is that parents/victims should bypass elders and immediately inform the authorities of the crime. The elders and their faithful slave masters can then deal with the aftermath.

If an adult JW woman was raped by a fellow JW, would she immediately ask elders for advice and help?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The reputation of the cult and its leadership is what they try to protect.

Even families will do this. An older sibling will sexually abuse a young sibling, and the parents will strive to handle it "within the family". Misguided love for an offspring and the family name allows them to be come the enablers of a pedophile. This happens within many groups.

Adding "divine revelation" to the mix causes further ruin.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Until they drop their two witness rule in cases of child sex abuse and actively, transparently report every allegation of child sex abuse to the police immediately upon discovery, they can shove their bullshiting attempt to look like they care through flowery honey dripping words in their trash magazine straight up their ass.

Hey there, GIRL...., don't beat around the bush here with us. You can tell us what you really think!

On a more serious note, I think you summed it up quite well. Angus Stewart has already demonstrated to them what "scriptural principle" they could apply to ignore the "two witness rule" for charges of child abuse.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

What a lame attempt to pacify the drones.

Jehovah showed tender personal interest in the most vulnerable in the community. And he held those who mistreated them to account.​—Read Exodus 22:22-24.
    23 The Law also protected family members from sex crimes by forbidding all forms of incest. (Lev. 18:6-30) Unlike the people of the nations surrounding Israel, who tolerated or even condoned this practice, Jehovah’s people were to view this type of crime as Jehovah did​—as a detestable act.
    24 Lessons: Jehovah wants those he places in positions of responsibility to take a loving interest in all whom they oversee. He hates sex crimes and wants to ensure that all, especially the most vulnerable, receive protection and justice.

Incest was detestable act, yet taking virgin girls as "spoils of war" and forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist was o-ok.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Although he may not intervene immediately, in due time he will hold unrepentant wrongdoers to account for the way they have treated others."

It amazes me how WT looks at everyone else BUT themselves. How many have been treated wrongly by WT? A narcissist will NEVER look at themselves. It is always the other persons fault.

It is interesting that WT will see a man or a woman leave someones house and are able to DF or punish them for the the appearance of the person spending the night alone together. Zero proof of adultery or fornication but will not look at a pedo in the congregation unless there are 2 witnesses. This sickens me!!!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

From my increasingly failing memory I seem to recall being told Jehovah keeps his congregation clean.

I know he never has or else paedophiles would never make it to baptism let alone make elder status but when did the gb stop reassuring members all was well and all the talk of paedophiles were apostate lies?

• new boy
    new boy

"Although he may not intervene immediately, in due time he will hold unrepentant wrongdoers to account for the way they have treated others."

I guess that means the governing body because of their failure to turn in known pedophiles.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ScenicViewer - "...Nobody is blaming Jehovah. This is Watchtower's way of shifting blame from itself..."

Good catch.

'Course, the rank-and-file and the leadership - for all intents and purposes - equate the two (even if they don't even realize it).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    new boy - "I guess that means the Governing Body because of their failure to turn in known pedophiles."

Don't be shy.

Hold the entire Organization accountable.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pale.emperor - "...Incest was detestable act, yet taking virgin girls as 'spoils of war' and forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist was a-ok."

Just another example of the elephant in the room...

...that the Bible - "God's Word" - overwhelmingly portrays women and children as property...

...and that, for all intents and purposes, ultraconservative religious regimes (even if they aren't even conscious of it) would prefer to go back to that...

...so they craft their ideology, subculture, and social systems in a manner that effectively duplicates the conditions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit