Underage child: PIMI vs PIMO parents rights

by psyco 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Poztate
    Poztate

Say a little 10 year old wishes to be baptized. The parents beam with pride with how mature they are and can hardly wait to see them baptized.

The same 10 year old child tells his parents that he has thought about the religion and has decided that it is not right for him. Therefore he wishes to opt out The parents are frantic. "You are far too young to make such a serious decision" They tell him that as long as he lives at home he will be forced to continue with all aspects of the religion and if he opts out as an adult even if not baptized he may well have to leave the family home. The Elders applaud in support.

My simple answer to this kind of issue is that if a child is not old enough to say NO and quit they are not old enough to say YES to being baptized

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Postate;

"My simple answer to this kind of issue is that if a child is not old enough to say NO and quit they are not old enough to say YES to being baptized"

This is exactly why this organization HAS to go down!!!!!!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

You can't get into a legal contract unless your 18 years old.

would show how binding it is to get baptized and the situation they are in if they are Disfellowshipping. The Baptism is under false pretenses and ridiculous demands.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

foolednomore, I like your response about a binding contract. I remember Raymond Franz in one of his books showing from law's point of view, the wording at the baptism in a legal binding contract. Maybe someone has more information on that. Beings you have to be of certain age to get into a contract, no minor should be baptized as a JW. They aren't even told they are entering into a legally binding contract that allows the JWs to literally make their lives miserable in the future. The JW can announce you are no longer a JW and you become the dregs of the earth. And so, PIMO who posted this thread to start with...you know it...that is why you are PIMO instead of out! You are correct in trying to protect the kid. I have read what the JW lawyer had to say about the contract...I just don't know where at this time...a person needs to find it and very carefully go over it so the kid understands it is a contract with an organization. You don't need an organization to dedicate yourself to God if that is what you want to do. Thought: tell the kid if he really wants to be baptized that you will do it! You will baptize him in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Ethiopian eunuch never said yes to be identified with a rich organization. So the question here is, do you really want baptized, or do you want to become legally bound to an organization.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I found information on the legally binding verbal contract .....https://www.nairaland.com/3846473/verbal-legal-contract-called-baptism

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's like the Hotel California. You can check out, but you can never leave.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I maybe legally bind to the Org, but not really. Who would want someone telling the truth about something so bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit