Crisis of Conscience: December 12, 2015 - 50 weeks later

by Jehalapeno 50 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

One thought occurred to me:

Perhaps the copy right holder is not completely at ease with the ongoing distribution of Ray's book. She will not be the first person who has held back out of fear that the organisation might be Jehovah's channel of communication after all and she needs to try to get back in good standing. This is more likely when a onetime member experiences physical health decline.

It would go someway towards explaining the inaction.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

That could be a factor, Steve. A moral holdback of some kind.

Oh well. Moral is as moral does.

Onwards and outwards we shall go...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I still think as I did a year ago that this isnt getting published by the copyright holder anytime soon if ever.

If you want it just google search for the pdf as there's really no good reason why any fading JW would ever want a hard copy over a easy to hide pdf anyway.

Debs has missed the boat of sympathy and support, that ship sailed a long time ago.

• steve2
    steve2

Just a long shot: But has anyone here attempted to contact her to find out more about her plans? I'm not suggesting anyone has to do that - just wondering why we're speculating among ourselves about the matter when contacting her might be more useful.

Has anyone considered that she may currently be seriously ill or have died?

Most of the speculation has focused on thinking she is wilfully holding things up when she may literally not able to do anything now? I think she had mentioned late last year in a post that she was facing some big medical issues.

Who here has ever been in contact with her to find out how she is?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I have a copy of an email reply I sent to the woman, a D. D. (pm me if you'd like her name). I had offered to help her (for free) with some image scans from my electronic PDF but she said that was all taken care of and that publishing would take place shortly. That was August 2, 2016.

She seemed quite upset at the apparent pirating that had been taking place and I had no advice on that matter.

My intent when I contacted her was to see if I had known her late husband. She has a very unusual last name.

Len

p.s. I believe I extracted her email address from Commentary Press site

ps. I also have a hard copy of CofC, first edition, which I will probably place on eBay.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So it appears that when the call went out for people to assist with the republishing effort, almost nobody responded with tangible help. How admirable!

...and you wonder why nothing happens. The Israelites were from the "bitch and moan" class the tradition continues...

Unless an Atlas comes along with shoulders wide enough to carry a project by him (or her) self, there is little in the way of truly cooperative efforts.

• xelder
    xelder

Don't break your arm Nathan, patting yourself on the back. You handed her 1000.00 and want applause? This should have been a very simple matter handled months ago.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

So Nathan wants to put the blame back upon the WT's victims. Sound familiar? So you sent them $1000.00, did you? You Sir, are a sucker!

I'm calling it: WT Org has gotten to these people and are paying them off to keep the book UN-published. When you take away all other possibilities, whatever is left must be the answer. No reason for it to have gone on so long. It's total BS. Let the flood of PDF's infiltrate down thru the internet forums. I don't give a flying fart.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Are we going to resurrect this issue of whether or not CoC should be published? Yes it may help others. However, judging the contentions this issue created the last time, are we willing to let sleeping dogs lie? Come on people, we left this cult, stop opening old wounds and let us move on.

Besides, a quick hover over at Amazon will reveal many more great books on this cult.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Besides, a quick hover over at Amazon will reveal many more great books on this cult.

It's true, but to many, CoC is very powerfully convincing since it comes from a source at the top. When I first found out late last year that a former GB had become apostate and written a book, I was so intrigued to learn more about it that I dared myself to read only the first few pages of the book, but of course, I couldn't put it down. A few weeks later, I knew this was not the truth.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Ray would have not just placed the book in a public domain where it can be digitally available to anyone. A JW with doubts is not going to buy a hard copy of this book. Instead, like myself, they will search for a digital copy that they can secretly read on their device.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit