Where is the Rebel.

by The Rebel 32 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Who cares?

The first time I was in distress with the watchtower, I was fortunate to find this place. My ego thought ,i was somehow special, that my posts were reaching a worldwide audience, and most of all I felt at ease, maybe HOME is a better word. As I continued to post, to reach the "world "with my message the J.Ws are a cult, my favorite posters, my great teachers disappeared.

Whilst this often saddened me, I have now re-evaluated my thinking, O.K I know " re-evaluated our thinking" is watchtoer loaded language meaning " They were talking crap." But my " re-evaluated" thinking is more genuine, and my conclusion is " posters" come and go here, but some and I am not talking about myself, have touched our hearts and minds in a very positive way, then they disappear, and a new, a real " Over Lapping Generation" of posters appears.

What does all this mean? I think it means posters come him, they learn, and for many that leave the board, we should rejoice that they were healed, and no longer need post. We can't all be doctors looking after patients.

The Rebel.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I'm sure some have moved on from this forum, gone on with their lives, passed away, gotten stumbled and left, found another forum more compatible with their views and feelings. But... You might be surprised, I think, how many old-timers have been resurrected (perhaps more like reincarnated) with new nicks and avatars, actively posting or at least following the news on the forum.
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I am in position now in which I apparently have to "move on" for the sake of my mental well-being. This was upon advice from the Psychologist [I am still under his assistance and mentoring following very severe depression etc starting 2010]

Its about completely letting go and completing a cycle of "re-minding" me ...my brain. I now have to jump out of the plane and do the free-fall and it means consigning everything JW related to File 13 which includes the anti-matter too.

Gotta admit coming here everyday - sometimes more than once a day - is an addiction. I think the main reason in more recent times was to catch the 'early-worms' of leaks and reports coming out of WT-ville. eg the AGM's and the JW-Leaks type things.

As I now fully see no more relevance in the WT movement, why bother about it. Happily my spouse and children have managed to dump it all.

So now I work on my 'addiction' [its been very pleasant and fulfilling some of the time and I definitely have gotten a lot out of being here] ...its also proven to be a comfort zone and perhaps many do find varying degrees of succour coming and being here.

Time to go cold-turkey!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

AFRICANMAN , beautiful post take care.

oppostate, thanks for the perspective, which was a great perspective,

The Rebel.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes many, probably a majority of posters move on after a period that varies in length. I am often saddened when some do move on, as their thoughts and contributions were of value to me, and to other Posters I am sure.

Also the nature of the place changes somewhat as this process takes its course.

I just hope this Site continues on until the JW Org is no more, or at least has become so insignificant that it no longer affects anybody.

This is the only Site where I found true support when I first left, it was a life-saver to me.

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    This forum and others are therapy. And once they serve their purpose and help ex dubs to heal, many move on with their lives and can be successful and happy. Others who have healed continue to post and are therapeutic for others who need advice and healing. I appreciate both because I need the help from those who continue posting, and I need the proof of healing from those who have moved on. My thanks to all of you. I can't imagine what it was like for awake dubs before the internet. Must have been very lonely.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Don't worry, Reb. I'm still here because I'm not 'over it'.

But while the watchtower corporation(r) continues to break up famalies (like mine), and while they continue to support, enable and protect paedophiles, I will never be 'over it'.

I will do what I can to expose them for the frauds they are. The general public are not aware, possibly not even interested in the org. That's the problem; they don't know the dangers lurking within the corporation and might get sucked in.

The watchtower has made an enemy out of me because of their vile treatment toward me. I don't care what their sympathisers and trolls say on here. My message is a clear 'F*** YOU, Watchtower.' If they hadn't treated me so terribly and broke up my family, causing the ensuing aftermath, then I WOULD be 'over it'.

The watchtower created me.....I will destroy them anyway I can.....albeit in small, miniscule ways.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk, you were and are one of the great posters that meant so much to my recovery. Please take care, and continue to post, your words really do reach " a world wide" audience.

The Rebel.

p.s your are a great doctor, to the patients here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reb - I blush.

I don't think I actually say that much that's all that interesting.....but thanks.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread! Thanks for starting it.

Yes, this community forum is a place to give and gain. A place to heal, and help others heal by the contributions made.

It has helped me tremendously over the years since I have woken up. Yet it is also addictive!

I miss many of the ones who were active when I first started visiting here. Yet I realise that many felt that they were allowing the WT too much hold on their lives if they kept discussing everything society related while here. So as a result, many have departed and just got on with living life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit