2017 Convention Releases

by Edison Trent 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent

On http://avoidjw.org/2017-regional-convention/ you can find the talk outlines of the regional convention this year.

I looked into the final talks each day and found these releases to be announced:

On Saturday:

New magazine-size book entitled "Lessons You Can Learn From the Bible". It is a revision of the Bible Stories book.

On Sunday:

New Video “Remember the Wife of Lot” (the "drama" shown at the convention)

The last time they announced a book not for kids was in 2015. Isn't it unusual?

• sir82
    sir82

The last time they announced a book not for kids was in 2015. Isn't it unusual?

Maybe they've run out of things to write?

<Sigh> if only....

• alanv
    alanv

Sir82 Haha that never stopped them over the last 140 years

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

New bible story book huh? I always thought they could do with an update. Or put those comic books into one big book. Maybe that's what they're doing.

Anywhere where we can download it?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    New Video “Remember the Wife of Lot” (the "drama" shown at the convention)

Wouldn't it be a much more interesting video if the borg explained exactly why Lot's wife was (lol) supposedly turned into a pillar of salt for looking back? (wtf) But Lot and and his two slutty daughters were blessed by jehober. Just days after poor old Lot's wife was 'a salted', Lot, (supposedly) gets drunk and bangs both of his daughters (incest to the max). Not only does he get "lucky", he's a sharp shooter because (supposedly) both daughters get pregnant with one shot! What a guy! So, the 'word of god', aka bible, says this about LOT

@ 2 Peter 2:7

7 and he delivered righteous Lot, who was greatly distressed by the indulgence of the law-defying people in loose conduct
    just saying!
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Lot's daughters were victims of a spineless incestuous coward of a father.

Genesis chapter 19:4-8

4 Before they could lie down to sleep, the men of the city—the men of Sodʹom from boy to old man, all of them—surrounded the house in one mob. 5 And they kept calling out to Lot and saying to him: “Where are the men who came in to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we may have sex with them.”+ 6 Then Lot went out to them to the doorway, and he shut the door behind him. 7 He said: “Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly. 8 Please, here I have two daughters who have never had sexual relations with a man. Please, let me bring them out to you for you to do to them whatever seems good to you. But do not do anything to these men, for they have come under the shelter* of my roof.”

Genesis chapter 19:36-38

36 So both daughters of Lot became pregnant by their father. 37 The firstborn gave birth to a son and named him Moʹab.+ He is the father of the Moʹab·ites of today.+ 38 The younger also gave birth to a son, and she named him Ben-amʹmi. He is the father of the Amʹmon·ites+ of today.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hope REMEMBER THE WIFE OF LOT is a comedy. They could cover the offer to give the daughters to the men to rape and the daughters could say "AGAIN???"

As far as books for children, they have pretty much given up recruiting adults so they need to stay current with new exciting stuff....or at least new.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"As far as books for children, they have pretty much given up recruiting adults so they need to stay current with new exciting stuff....or at least new."

Yes...the adults are not falling for it anymore so they have to go after the born ins. It's the only hope WT has (until those little ones figure out it's BS...most likely when they turn teen). People are leaving and dying, it's there only option. Door to door and cart witnessing are not working. Too many people are Googling Jay dub ya dot org and finding out the truth. IT'S A CULT!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Will we ever get the new version of the Bible in Spanish?

How about the new song book with those god awful ugly new songs?!

DY

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    Will we ever get the new version of the Bible in Spanish?

Sorry Doubtfully but jehober only really loves the English speaking dubs. After all, jw's are an American religion. Maybe if the Latins donated more dinero, jehober would influence the weather so Spanish speakers could receive a silver bullet also!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit