I just called Brooklyn Bethel about construction shut down

by Watchtower-Free 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WF, thanks for sharing your call.

The brother that answered your call clearly did not deny the rumor, he just said he hadn't heard it and wasn't in a position to comment.

The fact is: anything other than a confirmation is pretty meaningless. Even a denial wouldn't mean much. It's not like the WT leadership has an unvarnished record of honesty and transparency.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Just over on JWtalk . Seems many of them know about the construction shut down.

Such a blessing from Jehober!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Is it just me or does it seem weird that Bethel boy wouldnt know?

When it comes to layoffs, it may be intentional that the Bethelites are the last to know. Maybe they want to do a bit of spin doctoring and break it to them gently over a series of weeks.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When it comes to layoffs, it may be intentional that the Bethelites are the last to know. Maybe they want to do a bit of spin doctoring and break it to them gently over a series of weeks.

Or he could just be in denial. He does not want to believe what could be the inevitable.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

My theory is everything except where the GB live may be shut down and stopped. THey'll keep taking the KH contributions because the whole point was to get those commitments and funds before telling everybody NO MORE PRINTED MATERIAL. Will make it all online and people print their own stuff. They might even say, "NEW LIGHT: Most of our books and magazines are just regurgitated material, instead of wasting paper we'll direct you what to read from previous material" etc.

Won't be surprised if almost everything is online, they keep taking KH money, and GB live luxuriously.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    EndofMysteries, I suppose full online would work if JWs worldwide had Internet service and printers. I guess it could be done at KH if they budget for ink cartridges and paper.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

What do the J.W.Facebook pages say about this or any other J.W. Twitter or whatever mode of communication device they use nowadays ?

It all sounds to good to be true to me , here`s hoping.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit