I just called Brooklyn Bethel about construction shut down

by Watchtower-Free 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I just called Brooklyn Bethel service dept.

They said they had not heard anything about a worldwide shut down of construction.

I asked if he had heard about London bethel shutting down construction.

He said no that it was a surprise to him

I recorded it of course
  • sir82
    sir82

Who did you say you were (non-believer, JW, elder, etc.)?

I strongly doubt they would give out that information to "just anyone".

The service department is paranoid and expert at "theocratic warfare". By now they must know of the leak, and would have no qualms about trying to squelch it.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I identified myself as a JW. I'm inactive 3 yrs

Sounded like a relatively young guy. Seemed surprised and genuine. But who knows.

• bohm
    bohm
    sir82: think about it, why should they make an announcement at bethel to the effect that world-wide construction of AS halls/bethels is being halted as opposed to just doing it and then pointing to the construction of kingdom halls which is still rolling in? (why on earth they didnt just scale back the kingdom hall construction by 20-30% or whatever would cover the loos is beyond me).
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Brilliant - the plot thickens!!

Are they trying to stop the passengers finding out how bad the damage is after hitting the iceberg.

Would London Bethel lie to me about such a thing? The sister did say the G.B. ordered it!!!

How come Brooklyn denies it?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Maybe the dude missed morning worship the other day. lol
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin
    probably knows more about what the Pope is doing right now than his own GB
  • sir82
    sir82

think about it, why should they make an announcement at bethel to the effect that world-wide construction of AS halls/bethels is being halted

Multiple sources confirm it was part of yesterday's morning worship at world headquarters, heard by every US Bethelite & maybe those from other countries as well.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

In my experience of Bethel the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

I would simply wait for reports to come in from the field - i.e. from those actually working on the project or with close ties to it.

I would also expect that the news was a shock to most of the Bethel families and they probably have not had a proper briefing on what to say to callers or on the status of specific projects. In true WT fashion I can imagine they did not imagine news would filter out to the point where concerned Witnesses would be calling in to find out the details.

• millie210
    millie210

Is it just me or does it seem weird that Bethel boy wouldnt know?

I would think this would be the big news of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit