the sounding of the trumpet

by enoughisenough 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Armageddon is the situation of the nations against God.

The entire 3 1/2 years of tribulation the nations are against God, because it is at the beginning of that time period Jesus takes the throne in heaven and the kingdom begins. The entire 3 1/2 years of tribulation the Devil empowers the UN to be the dominant world power in opposition to Christ's rule. The 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation is the time spoken of in Psalms when Christ rules for a little while amongst his enemies. The dream image vision in Daniel shows the kingdom begins during that time the UN is dominant world power. The feet of that vision are the UN. The other visions in Daniel also show the UN is against the holy ones during that 3 1/2 year time.

Armageddon is the entire situation of the nations during the 3 1/2 years of tribulation. Then the time of the nations is cut short, so that the holy ones will be saved. That is the appointed times of the nations: the 3 1/2 years of great tribulation, aka Armageddon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I agree. The end of the world as we know it. It's already changing. The breaking of the seals is not in chronological order. But the trumpet blasts and plagues will take place with military precision.

Like many theologians you seem to be conflating trumpet blast and plague. Two different judgments for two different time periods. Trumpet blasts aimed at the world in general. The plagues are aimed at all of the enemies of God and his enthroned Son.

First the great tribulation, then comes Armageddon, i.e., the Day of the LORD. The nations are still preparing after the 6th plague.

The 7th seal introduces the seven trumpets. Fifth trumpet (first woe) the locust-scorpions torment the people for five months. Afterwards they are freed. Christians will move to the countryside. Jesus is enthroned in the days of the 7th trumpet. The 7th trumpet blast also heralds the first resurrection and introduces the seven plagues. Plague 5 hits the throne of the beast. Only during plague 7, after the destruction of the cities of the nations, is Babylon called to mind.

After the plagues is the marriage of the Lamb. Same chapter discusses Armageddon.

I agree. There will be preaching during the tribulation. First succesful preaching campaign would be during first half of the tribulation. Second campaign will be a failure according to Dan. 8. Then it would be a time to flee, not preach.

I would welcome your shortened version of the great tribulation. I might just be able to survive if the days are shortened.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Hebrews 8:5,6

"These men are offering sacred service in a typical representation and a shadow of the heavenly things; just as Moses, when about to construct the tent, was given the divine command: For He says: “See that you make all things after their pattern that was shown to you in the mountain.” But now Jesus has obtained a more excellent ministry because he is also the mediator of a correspondingly better covenant, which has been legally established on better promises."

The altar stands for God's will.

The bowls are used to transfer what is God's will into action.

Exodus 24:5,6

"After that he sent young Israelite men, and they offered up burnt offerings and sacrificed bulls as communion sacrifices to Jehovah. Then Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar."

In Revelation, the bowls of God's anger are representative of pouring out God's will for the religious institutions (Babylon the Great) and the governments in opposition to God (UN and associated nations).

Exodus 19:16-19

"On the morning of the third day, there was thunder and lightning, and there was a heavy cloud on the mountain and a very loud sound of a horn, and all the people in the camp began to tremble. Moses now brought the people out of the camp to meet the true God, and they took their place at the base of the mountain. Mount Siʹnai smoked all over, because Jehovah came down upon it in fire; and its smoke was rising like the smoke of a kiln, and the whole mountain was trembling violently. As the sound of the horn grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and the voice of the true God answered him."

The sound of the horn or trumpet meant Jehovah was coming.

The trumpets in Revelation are symbolic of Jehovah's coming judgments on religious institutions (Babylon the Great) and the governments in opposition to God (UN and associated nations).

The plagues in Egypt were symbolic of God's adverse judgment on the religious and governmental institutions of Egypt. The plagues on Baal in Elijah's day were symbolic of God's adverse judgement on false religious institutions and those associated with them.

The plagues in Revelation are also God's judgments against the religious institutions (Babylon the Great) and the governments in opposition to God (UN and associated nations).

The visions of Revelation are not presented sequentially. They overlap and repeat and give details in slightly different perspectives.

When Jesus is enthroned in heaven, he is the one that will take the lead in executing God's will on earth. He is the one who directs the trumpets/plagues/pouring out of bowls. When Jesus takes the throne in heaven, he will begin his furious ride to accomplish God's will.

Zephaniah 1:14

"The great day of Jehovah is near!

It is near and it is approaching very quickly!"

Very soon, Babylon the Great will be as devastated as the empty church in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIkjMzAFy_Q

And 3 1/2 years after that, all opposers of the God of Love will be removed - those who prefer the rule of the UN and God's chief enemy to the rule of God's king Jesus.

Habakkuk 2:2,3

"Jehovah then answered me:

“Write down the vision, and inscribe it clearly on tablets,

So that the one reading aloud from it may do so easily.

For the vision is yet for its appointed time,

And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie.

Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it!

For it will without fail come true.

It will not be late!""

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "...the great tribulation. I might just be able to survive..."

@Vidqun, whether you have to take a nap or not, you will "survive" because of having love and strong faith 💖🙂🫶💞

Revelation 14:9-11

"Another angel, a third, followed them, saying in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the wild beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever, and day and night they have no rest, those who worship the wild beast and its image and whoever receives the mark of its name."

The mark of the beast means bowing to the UN ahead of God. Those who obey men as ruler rather than God will not survive.

The mark on the forehead of those who will survive means putting God's ways first. Those who obey God as ruler rather than men will survive. (Whether they are resurrected later or live through it.)

Revelation 14:12

"Here is where it calls for endurance on the part of the holy ones, those who keep the commandments of God and hold fast to the faith of Jesus.”

Satan got a lot of people to do "an act of worship to him" in the religious institutions when he got people to bow to men ahead of God, to bow to a clergy class or a false doctrine ahead of God. The Bible shows some of those ones will repent during the tribulation. After the religious institutions are destroyed, many Christians will be tempted to put their trust in the UN instead of God's kingdom. Satan will again tempt people to bow to him, to do an act of worship to him. True Christians will never bow down to that fraud.

Matthew 4:8-10

"Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-SwJjkSyw

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Last days: the trumpet sounds when the man comes around.

https://youtu.be/k9IfHDi-2EA

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Listening to Johnny Cash read/sing that song reminded me of these verses😊:

Revelation 1:3

"Happy is the one who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy and who observe the things written in it, for the appointed time is near."

Revelation 22:6,7

"He said to me: “These words are faithful and true; yes, Jehovah, the God who inspired the prophets, has sent his angel to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. Look! I am coming quickly. Happy is anyone observing the words of the prophecy of this scroll.”"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit