by NeonMadman 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Take a look at this... Quotes has done a work-up on the same topic:

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/2005.htm

• Swan
    Swan

hahahhahhahaaa!

Here's the capper: "This generation" of Matthew 24:34 was 71 years in length (from the birth of Jesus in 2 BC to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE - no year zero, remember). Since a much greater work would be required in this later time, it is reasonable that a longer period would be required for the final work - say, 20 years more. That would give us 91 years, which, added to 1914, would again bring us again to 2005. Yes, I did ask why it should be 20 extra years, and not 30 or 50 or 100 years. His response was that by then, no one would be left from the 1914 generation (apparently he hasn't read the 1995 Watchtower).

What an idiot. Why didn't he just tack on the 20 years that occurred between 607 BCE and the real date of the fall of Jerusalem in 587/586 BCE? Better yet, why doesn't he go back and read the scripture about nobody knowing the day or the hour? Another JW with a pet theory about the end. JWs have pet theories like bulls have sh*t!

Tammy

• mustang
    mustang

"For every new and improved FOOLPROOF device, a new and improved FOOL will arise".

Yes, hope and JW chrono-holics spring eternal.

Mustang

• JH
    JH

So since the end will be in 2005, everybody stop going to school, don't look for a better job, don't get married, don't have kids, don't even think of buying a house....

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I have a long time friend (inactive jw) who has for a number of years thought of 2004 as "a good time" for the big "A". I can't recall if he had a particular line of reasoning for this or if it was just pulling a number out of a hat. It'd be interesting to see what his current view is.

• cynicus
    cynicus

One of the arguments I like a lot:

Another point is that if 6000 years, as an exact number, has any meaning, and if Jesus was actually the one through whom God created everything else, and if angels were witnesses to all that creative activity, as Job 38:7 seems to indicate, then Jesus and the angels would have been able to figure out when the final end of the world would come. But Jesus said explicitly: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." Therefore the 6000 year round number assumption must be incorrect.

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/pro3.htm

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

try the aug 2001 wt , it go into from the time of 1935 annointed will be the last generation . you add 70-80 years and you get 2005-2015. don't forget the wt is still saying today. that millions now living today will never die. do the math . it gives a 100 years left as the most time. before the armageddon..

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I find the proof of God's compassion and existence in the fact that he has set me free from being terrified of Him. If it comes, I'm ready now for a paradise earth or heaven or whatever. If it doesn't come, then I shall just continue to live my life and contribute in a positive way to my world.

Czar breaks into song:

And when I diiiieee, and when I'm gooonnnee! There'll be one child born in this world to carry on, to carry on, to carry on!

CZAR

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You know, perhaps if Jehovah's Witnesses focused more on the present, rather than the future, they might be able to apply a basic Christian principle: love. Maybe if they weren't obsessed with dates, rules and regulations and actually practiced what they say they are, they might actually become decent human beings.

"Love your neighbor as yourself" -- Jesus

"For now we have faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." -- Paul

• hoodwinked
    hoodwinked

Big Tex you couldn't be more right. Spot on buddy!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit