Small introduction.

by Faust 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, Faust. Glad to see you are using your god-given brain to think for yourself! Don't give up on your mom or your dad, maybe someday their eyes will be open too.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Brummie
    Brummie
    so there was no doubt in my mind that something was wrong with ME.

Typical en it! Exactly the same story from all of us, we blamed ourselves and not the org, but then we were taught to blame ourselves by the org!

Faust that was a great story, really pleased you came out of lurking! We call the president of the cong "Presiding Overseer" (someone probably already told you that).

Welcome aboard!

Brummie

• JamesThomas
  • Swan
    Swan

WELCOME FAUST!

(Don't worry. Long posts are welcome here too, especially when they are an interesting story like yours.)

Tammy

• Faust
    Faust

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. I am glad to be among people that understand what happens in our inner minds when we are trying to free ourselves from the clutches of this organization. I know I still struggle with it from time to time, but from reading this board, I know many of you also do and that gives me some relief to know that it is "normal".

To further clarify the point of my dad, I think he is quite happy in the state he is in right now. He is a bit of a zealot, but over the years he's become much more mellow. Especially since he heard about a couple of things that were said to me by the local elders were he attends meetings at now (which resulted in a whole different little struggle, but a post for another time ). I think he too is starting find a balance in his life like my mother, but he strives much more to obtain "perfection" in the eyes of the "brothers" and "sisters". However, I don't think I could've had a better dad and role-model, save for him becoming a drone willingly of a man made organization (but we've all been down that road, so it's hard to judge him ). He's been a very peaceful father who never gave into swearing in front of his family or drinking, and has always provided for my mother and I (well, at least until I turned of age and started working and support myself ). I think right now the religion gives him a sense of purpose and belonging we all feel drawn to. Everyone usually eventually has an event in their lives that sets in motions the wheels of doubt and reason. If he ever finds this moment of illumination, I will be there to support him. He knows that at least from me he will not receive any shunning, and I hope that will be of comfort to him when the time comes.

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. Take care and much love from me!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Faust! Glad you made it out alive and sane. You're ahead of the game. Interesting story. I look forward to hearing more from you .

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hi Faust...welcome to the board (love the name by the way! )

Glad you decided to stop being a lurker...you also seem to have a very positive outlook on life, not dwelling on the past is always a good policy. Keep up the great posts, and best of luck to you in your new and limitless future!

• blackout
    blackout

Hi Faust and welcome, hope you stick around, we have some similar experiences.

Blackout.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Nice to "meet" you, Faust!

Welcome to the Board!

outnfree

• greven
    greven

Welcome Faust!

Your experiences mirror mine almost completely:

With me it was:

Doubts --> own research reveiling contradictions --> internet confirming doubts --> more research to help my family out -->presently not out yet to help my relatives better.

Internet really helped alot! Welcome!

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit