God seems to have alot of failures?

by purrpurr 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Are god is an awsome god.

:)

• Half banana
    Half banana

Venus, God is unknowable, untestable and unprovable and therefore not worth bothering with except as the embodiment of a the idealised father within an anthropological context. This projection would have to appear perfect.

I cannot let you have Neitzsche's "eternal recurrence" as it is invalidated by the modern understanding of time having a beginning and not as people in the nineteenth century assumed it to be namely without a beginning and end.

It also seems from Nietzsche's notes which his sister published after his death that it had formed part of a thought experiment rather than a dogmatic premise.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Can't fail if it doesn't exist!

just saying!

• Giordano
    Giordano

God the biggest failure in recorded history.

Jehovah God the biggest failure for a God's name.

After 1000 years you have to tell people Jehovah God....... this is god's real name...... except it was made up by a Catholic Monk in the 12th century......go figure.

Jehovah the lap dog of the Society who is kept in their Warwick back yard and well away from Jesus who sits in the Warwick guard house keeping anti JW protesters away from the blessed 7 or is it 8 now?

The JW's today the biggest Cluster......enough said.

• new boy
    new boy

If the check the score board and god’s track record so far, it doesn’t look real good. According to the Bible this is how it’s looks so far.

Adam and Eve, Satan got two people, god got zero.

Noah and the flood, God could save only eight people out of thousands or maybe even millions of people.

The great world of Armageddon, God’s people number only about eight million, Satan’s people number around eight billion. It looks like god can save only one person out of a thousand.

After the Great War and at the end of the thousand years of peace? We don’t know. But the Bible says a “great crowd” would go Satan’s way.

So looking at the numbers, it looks like Satan has three or four victories and God has zero.

• tor1500
    tor1500

@Venus,

Well said. God's creation is perfect...everything he created re-creates itself...he created everything in 7 days. He never had to create anything again...that's why he only created once...otherwise today, he would still be creating...Many believe in evolution, and it could be...but where do feelings and emotions come in to play with living things...the big bang...

Let's face it, we humans are something else...we kill just cause we can...sometimes for no reason at all..animals kill for survival...Humans have too much brains and time on their hands...

If God did not create humans and the earth was free of humans...what would this world be like...trees don't gossip about each other, flowers don't cheat on their partners, grass don't get divorces and upset the family life...I'm just saying...we humans are something else..We are good, we never do nothing wrong...FALSE.

Tor

• venus
    venus

Hi Half banana

You say “God is unknowable, untestable and unprovable.” This is your thinking; and thinking is just the chattering of your mind which can make either sense or no sense just like chattering of your tongue produces both sensible and non-sensible sounds. “True intelligence is to rise above thinking as the source of all intelligence.” (Ekhart Tolle) Listening to thinking is like cluttering your lives. Such cluttering is what the history of humanity is like, which Winston Churchill defined as “one damn thing after another.” Their minds are filled up with the clutter of thoughts, one thought after another.” “Whenever an answer, a solution, or a creative idea is needed, stop thinking for a moment by focusing attention on your inner energy field. … When you resume thinking, it will be fresh and creative. What a liberation to realize that the “voice in my head” is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that. We have forgotten how to be – to be still, to be ourselves, to be where life is, Here and Now.” (Ekhart Tolle)

Like Jesus who used to go into stillness early in the morning, going to the top of a mountain (Mark 1:35; John 8:1, 2) I too practice going into such stillness, absolute silence of the soul where it gets linked to the silence of The Ultimate Soul who rules over all the cycles of the nature; and I see all answers as though written in the Book of Nature. That is what I wrote. My reference to Neitzsche's "Eternal Recurrence" was just a supplementary proof just to show that there are people who discern things transcending the convention.

You say “the modern understanding of time is that it has a beginning.” This too is a thought. Truth is that something always precedes something which means everything is a chain infinite into the past and infinite into the future. This is too obvious from the eternal cycles we find in the nature.

• venus
    venus

Yes, tor1500

It is true that “we kill just because we can...sometimes for no reason at all..animals kill for survival...Humans have too much brains and time on their hands...

It shows our education system (not God) is a failure as it did not teach its students all over the world to respect all life which is the very core of all knowledge. It also failed to teach another basic truth that one should not plan his affairs in such a way that he becomes too poor or too rich because the former creates slavery for himself and the latter creates slavery of others. Make a visit to any large industry—you will find humans are treated like worse than a machine. If you go back into history, you will find the link between the both. “The slave issue was a moral issue exploited by large industry.” (Abraham Lincoln) (https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/01/0131_030203_jubilee2_2.html)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

God created 2 people...but has killed millions. Very soon now he will kill billions. He's very good at killing.

If a brother in a congregation was found to because mass murderer..would he be disfellowshipped?

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

When I carefully read the whole Bible I could easily reach this inescapable conclusion:

Its first chapter says “God made mankind in His image” whereas the rest of the Bible shows “man made God in his own image.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit