They're now asking people to clean at Bethel?

by onightdivine 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    I'd rather mop a floor at Warwick on Saturday morning than knock on doors, for damn sure.
  • baker
    baker
    give a chance for snoop around and keep them ears open...
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    The dubs will line up to clean at bethel, my god what a privilege for them. But give it a few months and the excitement will wear off and they'll be miserable and less likely to volunteer.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    The thing I can't work out, is if they are having to resort to this, then where has all the money gone. Geez they can't of chewed through a billion dollars this quickly, unless they were heavily in dept before the sold th NY portfolio.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If I remember correctly ordinary sisters used to go into the bethel in Vienna to do the cleaning and laundry for the brothers and sister who lived and worked there.

Not any more though, branch closed and sold.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simply amazing.

Wake up, witnesses...wake up!

• pandorasbox1914
    pandorasbox1914

It's funny how everything in the ORG is a privilege, and that includes cleaning. Yet when I did go to hall cleaning many years ago the outstanding thing that stood out was that no elder actually involved themselves in the privilege of cleaning. At most they might use the hoover or a bit of dusting, but generally it was only supervising. Another thing about the privilege of cleaning was that no one would clean the toilets, that was always left to my wife and her best friend.

It seems to me that cleaning is a privilege only for the R&F, it does not apply to those in charge.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Hey, if I could put word on the street to have a large group come clean my home top to bottom for free and everyone came, I would do it too. As long as there are gullible people to do the dirty deeds they will continue to ask. There's a sucker born every minute.
  • pontoon
    pontoon

Pandorasbox---absolutely true what you say. For bethel how about having the people who live there and shit the place up do the cleaning

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    No more "privileges" for our family. We're still in bed enjoying our day. Oh...what a privilege!:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit