Silly Bible things you notice when your awake.

by Crazyguy 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

CalebInFloroda

And, by the way, Lot and his daughters are not supposed to be admired like the Watchtower teaches. The Jews despised their descendants,

I remember one time I told a CO--- what was the point of saving Lot and his decedents, the Bible foretold that that Lot’s children, (Moab and Ammon) would be wiped out to time indefinite.

He reprimanded me and told me that was not true. So I showed him this Bible verse;

(Zephaniah 2:9) . . .Therefore, as I am alive,” is the utterance of Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, “Mo′ab herself will become just like Sod′om, and the sons of Am′mon like Go·mor′rah,

a place possessed by nettles, and a salt pit, and a desolate waste, even to time indefinite. . .

He told me to keep quiet and not show it to anyone because it might stumble the friends.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Ok with that said would it not be way more effective to kill the girl babies of Israel not the boys? If you don't get my point a rancher if wanting to grow his herd he will have many females, yet only needs a couple of males.

My understanding was that Pharaoh was afraid because the Israelites were growing in number and these male babies would one day be grown men who could form an army and rise up against him.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Deuteronomy 22: 28, 29 - “If a man happens to meet a virgin girl who is not engaged and he seizes her and lies down with her and they are discovered, the man who lay down with her must give the girl’s father 50 silver shekels, and she will become his wife. Because he humiliated her, he will not be allowed to divorce her as long as he lives."

Forcing a girl to marry her rapist. WTF????!!!!

• Village Idiot
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    How about the accounts in exodus of different plagues that each kill off all the animals each time. Can all the animals of egypt be killed more than once in the space of a few hours or days? You would think that you can only wipe out all the animals of a country only once within a few weeks. What's happening? Are the animals being resurrected each time so they can all be killed again?
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Or how about millions of people encamped in what must be a huge compound in the wilderness. But every time you have to go use the bathroom you have to go outside the camp. What a long walk that would necessarily have to be for those in the middle of the camp.

"Shit! I think I have the runs. God I hope I can hold it in for the 20 minutes it will take me to get outside the camp!"

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    context. perhaps only two midwives needed as not high birthrate...rather like that horrific instruction to kill all firstborn issued by Herod, how many births would there have been relative to the population at that time?...so..not really a mass slaughter.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

to me,

Job was describing a fire breathing dragon in job 41.

and to this day, my mom [or anyone] has never attempted to explain to me where in the bible

where the idea women were of the 144,000, is found and supported.

or why in the middle of a

single scripture passage it goes from literal to symbolic...

unanswered questions, that got me on my way out.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

What I think I'm going to do is gather a list of all the things in the Hebrew Bible that we Jews recognized and dismissed as folklore and superstition centuries ago but that many people, especially JWs still promote as "truth" or some requisite to salvation.

It is actually funny and sometimes very sad when you compare what JWs claim is a religion where 'the light gets brighter' with the natural evolution of Judaism that, according to the Watchtower, struggles in the "darkness outside."

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

A question I have was Pharaoh the first born, if so why didn't he die????

How far back do you go? Father (first born), his son (first born), grand dad (first born),

a lot of people died that night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit