Blurring of genders

by Saltheart Foamfollower 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Obfuscate. I like it DD. Never did understand the blurred lines between metrosexual and homosexual. No doubt there will be more on this as each CO takes their own interpretation westward.
  • The Marvster
    The Marvster

Sorry, have to give my 2 cents here...

is this about what is right or wrong 'in Jehaavaah's eyes? or is it following the dictates of cultural stereotypes within a certain nation or few nations? Where I live a lot of the young guys wear tight pants, AND you can spot a lady's man and a player a mile off, because they tend to be metro-sexual (as per the definition given by data dog), those guys really look after themselves; as far as I'm aware the girls of a certain age group nowadays like their men metro-sexual... at least where I live. Anyway haven't there been periods in the last century for example where tight pants meant 'anything but' effeminate/homosexual?. I think of heavy metal musicians and rock stars who donned that type of clothing and were not partial to being surrounded by the hottest women around.... I even think back to when I was about 11 years old living in the UK and being very frightened of the still then existing National Front and skinheads... and let me tell you, they wore tight pants... those hard men were the last on earth to be viewed as effeminate...

and what if a couple of brothers are effeminate by nature? I knew 2 of them and 'yes' they both had issues around sexuality and gender, but this was no pretense on their part.... what do they do? get surgery? it seems in order to be a male in the society you need to wear the society's latest cologne (i think it's called BO), have an enormous beer gut, and don't wash or comb your hair; there you go, the perfect alpha-male..

By the way, if you look at how Jesus is portrayed in publications such as 'the Greatest Man' book... he is at times th epitome of metro-sexual..

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The Enemy Within: Homosexuality in the Third Reich, 1933-1945

Eliot H. Boden

Illinois Wesleyan University,

*italicized words added by myself:

The Nazi regime (*Watchtower Society) was unquestionably opposed to homosexuality. For party leaders (*Governing Body members), same-sex romance posed an intolerable challenge to the notion of the inherent superiority of the Teutonic race and German culture (*Watchtower Society and the Jehovah's Witness religion), and therefore had to be swiftly and mercilessly eliminated.
    Relentless discrimination against homosexuals suppressed the discomforting fact that many loyal Nazis (*Bethelites), inundated with propaganda venerating the beauty of the masculine form, themselves concealed homoerotic desires. In spite of inflammatory homophobic rhetoric, psychologists and ideologues (*the Writing/Art Department and Service Department) alike were often confounded by the supposed deviant nature of homosexuality.
    In part due to contradictory and inconsistent attitudes, homosexuals were a rigorously, but inconsistently persecuted minority in the Third Reich (*Watchtower Society).

For full article:

http://digitalcommons.iwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1138&context=constructing

• The Marvster
    The Marvster
    This also got me thinking, that even the borg, managed to regularly highlight how the pharisees were burdening the people with infinite details, endless codes of conduct... what the society does nowadays seems very similar... the more I hear about stuff like this, the more it makes me think, the brothers cannot move, they are being squeezed from every angle.... and then completely ignoring the bigger issues as someone mentioned here... i.e. ignoring the child abuse, and supporting the flawed 1914 doctrine, but burdening brothers with exactly what not to wear, and how not to look at the opposite sex... talk about straining out the gnat and gulping down the camel...
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's "face the facts", there are some pants that are way too tight. My shoulders measure 42" and my waist is a 30"-32", depending on the season and how much scotch I am drinking. That means I'm forced to buy an "athletic" cut suit. There's nothing I can do about the shape of my body.

This means that my pants will naturally hug my quads and glutes, is that my fault?? What should I do, wear a suit that looks like a circus tent, perhaps settle for pleated pants that make a huge bulge in the crotch? NEVER!! I will wear Matt Bomer suits that look good and hug my ass!!!

DD

• Half banana
    Half banana

If they are so concerned with the unequivocal determination of the sexes, why not make beards compulsory for men?

And what about persecuting elder's wives who have moustaches?

• millie210
    millie210

Shout out to you former / current elders.

Is the existing policy now that a person can be forbidden to go out in field service?

If that hasnt happened then maybe whatthe C.O. was telling Saltfoam and the other elders is that these individuals cannot pioneer (hold special appointments) or lead the group in service?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

DATA-DOG Could you please post a photo of yourself? You sound kinda hot.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    So, pants dragging halfway down your backside that make you look like a toddler with a loaded diaper would obviously be ok for field service and everyday JW life as they are not in any way indicating homosexuality or displaying the body to any kind of sexually desirable advantage. Good to know.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I think it's likely a case of certain Governing Body members seeing young men in tight pants and having difficulty suppressing their own homosexual urges and or it reminds them how out of shape bald and unattractive they are. It's easier to get rid of the ones reminding them of their own insecurities than it is to admit that the problem lies within themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit