What is the Education Level of the Governing Body members?

by Wild_Thing 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I would love to compile a list of the education obtained by the Governing Body members both past and present. Can anyone provide any information to get me started?

It still amazes me they think they can translate ancient languages with an 8th grade education. I asked my mom once how in the world could the Governing Body translate ancient Greek and Hebrew without any formal education in those languages. She said she didn't know, but she imagined they used native speakers to help them.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Hahaha 'native speaker"! I suppose she thinks there were resurrected ones helping them with those dead ( non spoken except in academia) languages!

Such is the naive mindset of so many still-in JW.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I tried to explain exactly what ancient languages were, but my attempt was futile.

• millie210
    millie210

I think I remember hearing (reading) that Freddie Franz had an old Jewish scholar/friend that had clearance to come and go at headquarters and that this man helped him translate.

Do I have that right?

Anyone?

• Tallon
    Tallon

IMO, I think there were scholars fluent in the Hebrew and Greek languages that helped with the translation.

• Chook
    Chook

I think they attended the world renowned Harvard educated theocratic ministry school ,delusions of education because they all became teachers in their minds, they are professors of JW dogma.

• Hecce
    Hecce

What I remember is that George Gangas, a Greek-Armenian was involved in the translation work. He didn't have an scholar background just his knowledge of the two languages by virtue of his birth.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

By their logic, anybody from Egypt should be able to help us read hieroglyphs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The overwhelming majority of GB members or past presidents of the Watchtower Corporation never were academically trained in bible theology going back to C T Russell in the late 1800's, but they should be awarded a honorary Phd. for bullshtting for created so many tainted commercialized doctrines in their intent of self empowering themselves and proliferating the literature they published.

The freedom of religion statute in America made these men card playing opportunists of their own sought out agenda and they exploited that freedom to the fullest extent.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well if they forbid there members to get a higher education I would think that their education level must hover around the minimum requirement by the state at the time of their schooling days, and maybe a tad bit more. But as far as their present level of understanding if tested, probably around 3rd or 4th grade level and not much higher.

A rather poor choice of CEOs to run an international printing corporation with money problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit