Make your predictions!

by Coded Logic 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I predict that WT will continue to print less and less, and the GB's main way of communicating with the flock will be through JW Broadcasting and the like.

It will be an electric church in 5 years. Everything electronic. You can even donate now through JW.ORG for crying out loud. I also predict that they will make a donate button one day that is at the top of their web page instead of a simple note at the bottom of their page you can click on.

More propaganda will be issued out against apostates in the study addition of the WT.

More child abuse lawsuits in the U.S. which the typical JW will ignore but the thinking JW will not.

I predict about the same growth as in the past. Sorry guys & gals, the GB will just change the doctrine to fit whatever they need to. But yes, I do predict it will also churn out more that leave, but I also think it will never bring an end to the org.

• Warwickslave
    Warwickslave
    @CL I agree with you in ten years they will be less JW's. They won't die off completely but they will be even more irrelevant then they are now.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I predict that 10 years from now, we will be looking back at the last 5 years (2010-2015) as a major tipping point in the orgs history.

• kairos
    kairos

The final component of the rebrand to "Webtower Internet Christ's Kingdom Encouraging Dedicated Broadcast Service" ( WICKED BS ) will be the unveiling of a brand new, younger, hipper GB.
    Tech savvy and well spoken.

You know, something about reaching an age as an elder and stepping down...

It'll be just like when Rutherford took over the IBSA from Russel's loyalist after his death.
    JWs didn't even know what happened until they were told, "We're Jehovah's Witnesses".

Don't like it? "Too bad".
    Huge drop in membership numbers and here we are today...

He had his Beth Sarim, the GB is building their Warwick.
    Question is, who will live there? Current GB or some new entity that is already running the show.

It is "a show", BTW.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

kairos: "It is "a show", BTW."

A tragicomedy.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    I predict that when round 2 of the 'Great Recession' kicks in (you ain't seen nothing yet folks) donations will totally dry up out of necessity. The troops will muddle on with encouragement to be well fed and warm, while the GB lives comfortably in Beth Sarim II and continues to spew out occasional new light via the web.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Within 20 years, the religion will be limited to small family groups and a large number of elderly single women.

The bulk of every meeting will be watching videos made centrally, with the couple of men still remaining giving a local slant.

JWs will be told to watch only the official channel. Read only the official publications. Nothing else, they'll be told, is needed. They'll be increasingly insular and isolated from broader society. Identifiable by the time warped fashion sense. A minor culty group to join a thousand other minor culty groups fading into irrelevancy to all but the lingering remnants of faithful believers.

The end will still be 'close'. It may even have begun arriving with the impact of climate change and 'Babylon the Great' falling to secular society. Yet more invisible fulfillment of prophesy only they can see. They'll draw parallels to the days of Noah more and more. They'll be told that having children is how paradise will be filled and implored to make more babies for Jehovah. They'll relax things on divorcing 'unbelievers' in line with that.

One charismatic individual will dominate things internally at Brooklyn once more. He'll decide that, yet again, the Faithful Slave is an individual. Him. Doctrine will shift according to which side of the bed he woke up on. They'll dive back into apocalyptic language and fear mongering, and it won't help them win anything but scorn.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    I know many apostates and many others that have simply stopped going. The ones still in have too much invested, brought their whole family in or are waiting for parents to pass so as to get that nice inheritance. I know of two cases at least big $ at stake ! Money and social status talks loud.
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

I believe any increase going forward will be from inbreeding. The preaching work will result in zero returns. This will cause even more dumbing down because these kids are raised with very little outside influence and the bare minimum education. They are void of any kind of critical thinking skills. They cannot reason or debate in any way and they are unaware of how to be honest in the real world. Things like 607, 1914, who our mediator is, who is annointed, what a generation is etc. will just fade into the back ground because nobody really cares what they do or do not stand for. Cartoons and Broadway tunes will be their meat in due season.

These will be the future leaders of this organization.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

Some of my predictions:

1) In two years - Sunday talks via broadcast from HQ. - Maybe weekly, but at least once a month.

2) Apostasy will be crime worse than DF'ing. Will also be deemed apostasy if your not following directions.

3) One whistleblower - just one with damning evidence. - not sure what, but it will bring more bad press, and GB will instruct everyone to not watch TV, etc.

4) Settlement after settlement. - Got to pay for the past sins of letting the pedo's rule the roost. - We will see further consolidation in western lands to pay for this.

5) Decline only in "civilized" world. - I.E. Western Europe, USA, etc. - Simply caused by older ones dying.

6) WT alive and kicking and keeping on asking for donations.

7) A WT printing press or two on Kijjiji or Ebay. (for sale)

8) Magazines further reduced to one a month.

Overall, my biggest wonder is when they will ask the rank and file to swear an oath of allegiance to the GB. - I could see that happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit