Beards in the WT: Africa too

by neat blue dog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

As many know, African languages have for decades been given their own alternate cover with black people. Their cover for the 2020 WT#3 ALSO includes a bearded man. This can not be a coincidence.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It’s well known that in Africa a child with a beardless father is considered as having two mothers.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I never knew that African watchtowers had different covers. Learn something new every day, I guess. Yes, it seems like they may be getting “new light” on beards. What a joke.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The man has no head covering but the women do.

In the UK Cathedrals sometimes you see stained glass with pictures of Knights Templars. There is some distincting in relation to Knights Templars over whether you have a beard or not. I can't remember it - but this is a bit about the Knights Templars and how they drew people in.

If you were a young guy who wanted to go to war and fight for God, you could join the Templars. If you were an old guy who wanted to atone for a sinful life but was no good for fighting, you could join and run the books in a regional Templar house. If you didn’t wish to join but wanted to accrue the spiritual benefits of involvement, you could donate. They had what today in business terms would be called amazing international branding. The white mantle, the red cross. It’s the Nike swoosh, the McDonald’s arches, the Apple logo of the day. You don’t need language to understand it.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/27/inside-the-mysterious-mission-of-the-knights-templar/

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

The fact the Governing Body changes the artwork for the WT (which actually are used as teaching tools), for non-western countries, begs me to ask the question ... is the written content varied, so as not to push away members in these lands? For example, obtaining higher education in India means a lot more than just getting a good job, for it contains a very strong social or cultural value to those people as well. Did then, the Indian Watchtowers have watered down comments against getting a Degree, or remove the slurs towards those who had one? It would be interesting to know.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

What thecold story was is they do regional covers, and translate idioms for the languages. Same message though. If you look at some of t the study articles you recognize material for a different culture--usually why a practice is bad

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Not to be religious/racial or anything, but they look like a Muslim family.

Don't take this in a negative way, but from an American gringo, I would not know the difference.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It’s well known that in Africa a child with a beardless father is considered as having two mothers.

2+2=5 ...

I don't quite get it. How does a person have two mothers unless the child is raised by a lesbian couple?

Well, when the child gets older in a heterosexual relationship, if you don't like either of your parents, I guess you could call them both mothers?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

We are one big, happy organization. We are all unified in thought, message, and teaching...

Also, here is the African cover of this issue of the Watchtower...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Facial hair is an almost integral component of many African and Middle Eastern cultures.

If you want new recruits in those parts of the world, it's probably best not to rock that boat too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit