Beards in the WT: Africa too

by neat blue dog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

That different covers exist, is not common knowledge.

G.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

2 mothers as facial hair is a feature of males. Same saying in US.

Wait until they require headcoverings all the time. I watched a YouTube of southern church singers and the women all wore a nice lace cap, long dresses.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    That different covers exist, is not common knowledge.

I assumed most knew, because it's been part of the tours at Bethel for decades and I think was also in the organization video.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal
    That type of localization by the JWs actually makes sense. In France some Americans series are dubbed into French as subtitles will not cut it. Bill Cosby with a French accent, LOL, I know bad example but it was a popular series.
  • mikeflood
    mikeflood

Yay!

The wall is crumbling.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have always known that the illustrations are localised in African languages ....it is no secret.

Without knowing the context of the illustration, are we sure this is a picture of a JW family,? The wife and daughter are wearing hijabs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes BB, some context would be appreciated, what does the Text on the Cover say ?

There are 446 million Muslims in Africa, so two things come to mind, either this is supposed to be a Muslim family, or the wife and little girl are shown in such garb so as to appeal to the Muslim audience, without actually saying they are Muslim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit