My Story.(now that I'm no longer a "newbie")

by Gamaliel 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gamaliel:

I notice you've mentioned the hate issue elsewhere. With me I don't think I feel hate for either, maybe I should, and maybe my ability to "feel" proper emotions was an early casualty of my WTS life.

Honestly, I'm not at all comfortable with the (now less frequent) feelings of hate I have. On the one hand, almost every day I empathize for the hundreds of individual JWs I know that are still enmeshed in that mind-controlling cult. One the other hand, I sometimes wish I could reach out and throttle the life out of the WTS for imposing so many debilitating, destructive, non-Biblical and ever-changing doctrines on innocent people; people who are simply looking for happiness, and errantly think they have found it under the WTS umbrella.

Personally, there is a time to tear down and a time to build. Socially, there is a time to build and a time to tear down.

If I may ask you yet another question: What if Jesus showed up at Brooklyn today? What would he do? Say?

Should(n't) I, therefore, do and say the same things?

Craig

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Gamiliel Fascinating story. I've heard it a many time before, but it is nice to hear it from an inside perspective.

No need to respond to the thread since I've already been talking to many of you for several months now.

Oh well !

onacruse said :

Honestly, I'm not at all comfortable with the (now less frequent) feelings of hate I have. On the one hand, almost every day I empathize for the hundreds of individual JWs I know that are still enmeshed in that mind-controlling cult. One the other hand, I sometimes wish I could reach out and throttle the life out of the WTS for imposing so many debilitating, destructive, non-Biblical and ever-changing doctrines on innocent people; people who are simply looking for happiness, and errantly think they have found it under the WTS umbrella.

Very well put, onacruse. I feel that way myself, as I am sure thousnds of others do as well.

xjw_b12

" Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know "

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thanks for sharing your story, Gamiliel.

I'm "old" here and still haven't told mine. Only recently have I become "free" to do so but who would listen, it's boring!! hehe

hugs,

j2bf

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I haven't made your a cquaintance yet here on the board, but I wanted to welcome you and thank you for a very eloquently written account of your story.

I too have some facsination with the internal struggles of the various departments and factions within the Organization.

Thank you for sharing.

Slippy

• Mulan
    Mulan

I sent you a message. I hope you know how to retrieve them.

Thank you for your story. I appreciated hearing what you said. Many of us stayed in too long, trying to be a force for good, so my husband and I understand what you mean when you said that part.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Gamaliel...I recall hearing an announcement of your disassociation in my early years. It made quite a buzz. I am sure your parents told you that it was announced at their hall too. I was just a kid, so I didn't really know what it meant.

Take care...

Coon

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Thanks for the posts and messages. I have one more message that I can't seem to get, and I can't see messages that I've sent to a certain person in my inbox. Mulan, it looks like you got the message(s) I sent, but I've replied to a couple others, and they don't show up as sent. Also I can't seem to pick up new ones. That one could be anybody's.

Until I can use messaging again, we can continue our conversations at [email protected]

Coondawg: No, I never knew they cared so much about me 1000 miles away. That might have been the local elders trying to keep me from calling up old friends and corrupting them before they knew how dangerous I had suddenly become. (Come to think of it, I did call my sister's abusive yet "elder-protected" husband to threaten him even after I was out. Simon: which one is the "irony" smiley-face?)

Edited to add: Of course, we want to hear your story, j2bf!!

Gamaliel

• teejay
    teejay

>> I'm "old" here and still haven't told mine. Only recently have I >> become "free" to do so but who would listen, it's boring!! -- j2bf

I agree with Gamaliel. We'd love to hear your story! That is... if you want to tell it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit