An elder with only one testicle

by stillin 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillin
    stillin

I happen to be one of very few people who know of this condition that the man has. He had an accident several years ago with some power equipment. Leviticus 21:20 commands that no man present the bread at the temple with damaged testicles..

So?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Sooo . . . Christians aren't under the Mosaic Law, so it doesn't matter.

I'll admit the title grabbed my attention though, props for that.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I bet that drives him nuts?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So, technically that means Hitler whilst able to run germany would not have qualified to be a JW elder you know because of the whole "one brass ball" scandal. Good to know OT standards do come in handy sometimes.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

......... " Good morning brothers and sisters we have with us today from the Little Congregation Brother One Ball and he is going to give a talk on " Accepting are Imperfections for Adam "

Brother One Ball please ........

A lot of quiet snickering can be heard in the Hall.

• stillin
    stillin

Actually, this particular guy is one of the good ones. I don't care at all about the heartless injunction that Jehovah gave against guys who already had problems enough. But I can imagine some zealot invoking the "principle" of Leviticus if he decided that he didn't like this guy.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I could absolutely imagine somebody trying to use it to take the guy out.

BUT, the CO and Bethel would have to be on board and I couldn't see it happening even though yes they do pick and choose OT rules as it suits them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I guess he wasn't allowed to be a attendant during the memorial service.

Brother One Ball ..... " I'd like to be a serving attendant at the memorial "

... Ah... Brother were going to have to decline your offer due to your physical malformation according to Scripture.

Dam it, its not like anyone can see it, no one even knows about it accept you guys.

............Sorry

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think we're heading off into the realms of the ridiculous here people.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't give them ideas. I can so imagine the GB turning this into a rule. And all the ridiculousness that would ensue.

I know an elder who lost one to testicular cancer too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit