Is Russia "right" about presecuting Jehovah's Witnesses?

by iliketreasure 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Moster
    Moster

I agree Cofty - wholeheartedly

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

WTBorg.inc Doctrine and Practices are a form of Radical Christendom. Rules of Men which are very destructive to all who are ensnared.

Perhaps it could be said that their banning in Russia is a consequence of their vile practices. Oh yes, on the surface they do indeed seem to be harmless and peaceful and honorable, etc, etc... But then again, we all know better than that.

Russia is very wise.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's how I feel about this: If the Universal Sovereign sees fit to permit His Chosen People to be tested in this way, who am I to question it?

In fact, it may be WRONG for me to object. "Let Thy Will be done."

Case closed.

• cofty
    cofty
    Russia is very wise. - Old Navy

Russia is an enemy of freedom and a danger to every one of us in the west. Stand for a principle regardless of how much we despise the Watchtower.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Opinion of Cofty:

Russia is an enemy of freedom and a danger to every one of us in the west. Stand for a principle regardless of how much we despise the Watchtower.

I am always puzzled when I hear this regurgitation of propaganda. It seems

to be much more prevalent in the U.K. than in the U.S., however.

My point of view is much different. Could it be my Slavic Roots?

I do agree, however, that the Old Soviet Union of Communism which came into

existence by means of the Bolshevik Revolution, may have represented such

an enemy as Cofty describes. An ideology which Russia has shaken off but

which is very much alive in the United States in the NeoCon Establishment.

Much of the World today sees the United States as the greatest threat to

Peace and Freedom. We've killed a lot of people needlessly in the past several

decades with the spread of "Democracy at gunpoint" to those unfortunate nations

who resist American Hegemony. Our Society is in great moral decline as well with

Love of Money Corruption at heights not seen since before the Big Crash of '29.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't think government should get involved in religion.

BUT the JW religon (as well as others) definitely violate human rights and have a detrimental impact on famlies. Governments should be concerned about the negative influence that any group (religious or otherwise) has on Society in general.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I say what government wants a religious printing corporation from a opposing government gaining control over its citizens that calls it rulership in question as far as obedience , like Governing Body inspired slogan Listen, Obey, and Be Blessed.

The WTB&TS gotta expect some flack over such blatant dumb shit loyalty requirements of their devotees.

• cofty
    cofty

Old Navy - The topic is not the international policies of the USA it is the disregard for personal freedoms in Russia.

• galaxie
    galaxie

What can we all do to protect personal freedoms in Russia ...should we write to the relevant authorities outlining our disagreement of their handling of the watchtower, and ask them to reestablish the deceitful,lying,bloodguilty organization in order for them to carry on their harmful and family negative work...hey let's all do that....who's first ?

• cofty
    cofty

Nobody can do a single thing to change the course of Russian nationalism.

But the question in the OP was whether Russia are right in banning religious freedom for the Watchtower. My point is that anybody who agrees with Putin's actions is putting themself on the side of an enemy of liberal democracy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit